New Pro X eFX Plug Ins

Sungodv

Thanks, Sascha! They not only look great, but they sound even better. I love 'em!

I figured out how get them to be remembered in Sam 11 and I'm happy as a clam.

Would love to see you make over some of the other plug in's like EQ, etc. EQ could really stand knobs instead on the single slider for multiple values (Q, Freq, Gain).

Anyway...

Thanks again!

Hey, I remember you from the little Sam board!

I have Pro X, but I don't really like it that much and don't need some of the peripheral features that were added. I would have been happy if they left it the way 11 was with only some new additions. The docking thing is for the birds as far as I'm concerned and the new OE isn't that stupendous either. Seems there are a lot of issues too. I really do like Sam 11 and it was an easy cross from SMS14.

All I did was copy the new eFX folder into Sam 11 and now the plugs are remembered. They were seen before, but would revert to the old eFX's when the project was re-opened. I named the old eFX folder 'Old'.

Yep, it's me! We should start a thread of Little Sam users that made the leap to big Sam! That's cool to know that the new eFX work. I'm strongly considering buying the ProX upgrade, but want to keep Sam 11 Pro installed as a fallback in case I have any stability issues. It's good to know that I could still use some of the new goodies from ProX in version 11 in case that were to happen.

I bought Sam 11 right when Pro X was coming out so I was lucky to get the upgrade. Between the two, I prefer Sam 11. The new Sascha plugs are nice though, and it was nice to get Variverb and the Vintage suite, but I don't know if it's enough to justify the additional dollars to get the upgrade for you. You could try the trial and see.

Seeing what they did in Pro X, I'm glad I got 11 as I don't see Magix going back to the way Samplitude was for so many versions and years.

ProTools/Avid seems to realize it's best to leave well enough alone and just add features. Smart. Magix seems to be flopping in the wind trying to be something else to gain market I suppose. Maybe they'll add a way to turn off the docking thing as well as address all the bugs I've read about on the other sub-forum.

Ah well, such is life.

I went ahead and bought the Pro X upgrade on New Year's Eve to get the free C & R Suite + Spectral Cleaning. Everything seems to be running ok so far, but I'm with you--not so sure about the docking, but the new plugs are nice. I'm sure there's lots more new goodies to discover, and now I can use the eFX plugs in 11 Pro if I want.