Trim all tracks

prw

I'm working on a project with 40 tracks and need to bring all relative track volumes down 3 to 4 db. Any quick & simple way to do this? I don't want to change the Master faders.

hi Paul,

you can select all objects (Object menu or shortcut) and change their volume. I think it is the fastest way to do it with only one action without moving the faders.

But you can move easily all the faders by click the first one of the mixer and CTRL + Click the last.

cheers

Phil

hi Paul,

you can select all objects (Object menu or shortcut) and change their volume. I think it is the fastest way to do it with only one action without moving the faders.

But you can move easily all the faders by click the first one of the mixer and CTRL + Click the last.

cheers

Phil

Thanks Phil. I tried that and was able to bring all track faders down but lost the punch in the mix. I'm still playing with it and at this point bringing down the Master faders still sounds good. My analog experience keeps trying to get me to go back to the track faders and bring them down. I think this is why it is best to mix through an analog console but that requires 40 or 50 DA converters and a big console.

The problem when you want to change the levels after work on the mix is to change the relationship between levels and Aux send, and compression ratio too.

Change the Master faders is the better way IMHO if you need to change the overall volume, but again, if there's no plugin on the Masters slots.

cheers

Phil

The problem when you want to change the levels after work on the mix is to change the relationship between levels and Aux send, and compression ratio too.

Change the Master faders is the better way IMHO if you need to change the overall volume, but again, if there's no plugin on the Masters slots.

cheers

Phil

Thanks again Phil.