Getting midi keyboard controller recognized

midiaxe

I am having problems with getting Samplitude Pro X to recognize my Novation Remote 37 SL midi keyboard and Roland GI-20 Guitar midi interface. The "Help" menu doesn't seem to cover the setup procedure for

midi keyboard controllers. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the GI-20 drivers several times with no luck. Going to Control Panel > System> Hardware> Device Manager, the GI-20 Drivers are installed.

I have tried the "Y" key and midi configuration page, however the "Add New" seems to be primarily for hardware controllers and not really midi keyboard controllers. I couldn't find a reference in the manual either.

In any other DAW this is simple plug and play stuff. Not sure why it's turning into such a major annoyance. I have searched thru various Samplitude video tutorials without finding this basic information, not even in

the "Getting Started" video and this is very puzzling. If anyone can help clear up this mystery for me, by breaking it down into basic step by step instructions, I would be most appreciative.

Hi Midiaxe,

I presume you midi guitar is plugged into a midi interface.Ifd so you need to choose that midi interface as the input device. Are this videos of any help?

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Regards

Kraznet

Thanks for putting up the video Kraznet. Now my Novation Remote 37 SL is working, however the GI-20 (USB) simply doesn't show up as a device in the 'Midi In' section (after pressing 'Y' and clicking on

'Midi') Rather than continue down this path (after trying many different settings) I have taken the path of least resistance and hooked the GI-20, via midi cable 'Out' to my Presonus Firestudio Mobile 'In' and

now the GI-20 is working. (The GI-20 has both a USB and midi out) Thank you for your prompt reply.

..., however the GI-20 (USB) simply doesn't show up as a device in the 'Midi In' section...

Does it show up at all on your computer (other DAW etc...)? You could check correct functioning of the GI-20 with MIDIOX. This could also be a GI-20 driver problem. Normally any installed MIDI-device shows up in SAM.

Regards

Matthias