Independence PC-MAC compatibility problems after purchase

tim 1973

Hi,

purchased the Independence Sampler for my MAC after using it in Squoia 12.

But:

The Yellow Tools Lib included in my Sequoia12 can´t be read from MAC. It seems quite a bit odd, but somehow it is not always obvious to the customer, how to interconnect software for professional use.

So in this case on the one hand you have a sampler with content but you can´t use it in a considerable way.

I work with a lot of software, it must be interchangeable. Third Party PlugIns are the best way to do this.

I additionally bought the Independence Sampler for Mac beside my Purchase of Sequoia12

Most plugs are programmed to both platforms (Mac and PC) in advance

What is your experience here?

As mentioned i purchased the Independence Sampler which is not compatible now to my already used content, as it seems...Magix offers the sampler content for Mac as well,

so: Is it suggested to purchase software double here.

One sampler content for PC and additionally the same content for Mac? Hopefully Magix offers a solution here?

Thx

best

Tim

Hi Tim,

I haven't tried the Mac Independence VSTi but I found a similar problem when I tried to access the Sequoia Independence samples using the Windows Independence Software Suite VSTi. It won't read/acknowledge them. I'm not sure what the solution is. I ended downloading the entire 70gb library that came with my original purchase of Independence Pro. After doing that it worked . But if you only bought the Independence Software VSTi it will work with the free downloadable sample content but not with the Sequoia/Indy sample content. as far as I can tell. Somehow the VSTi version needs to be told that you already have the 70gb sample content that came with Sequoia but I have a feeling the two are mutually exculsive from each other. Probably copy protection issue. Regardless it shouldn't be this way. I would contact Magix support to explain the situation and I will do the same .

Regards

Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

thank you very much for your proper work here regarding your tutorials and well advice in Sequoia terms!!!

Independence:

I already purchased the MAC Independence Suite, which is a pity in retrospect. The Yellow Tools content cant be read...

Lets give it a try contacting MAGIX being independent of using software cross platform ;-) !

I have Plugs here that offer PC and MAC in one liscense.

Best regards

Tim

Hi Kraznet,

it has a small free Lib.

But, if you try to access the 70GB YellowTools Folder you created on PC from the Independence for Mac - Browser

there´ll be some dialogues saying that the content cannot be read.

MAGIX offeres the PlugIn for Mac as well, but you have to purchase the 70GB content twice this way. One for Mac, One for PC

"independendly" ( so to speak, Don´t get me wrong ;-) )

I would love to use the Sounds on my other platforms, as I know it from other PlugIns.

All Instruments are fine, in my opinion the Sax Section is pretty good, I feel...

Best regards

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

after asking about the cross platform usage conditions of Sequoias 70GB Lib content for MAC, I got a response, that this idea was never intended. The whole thing is liscensed to Seq12 only. No access from the Independence Sampler PlugIn for MAC. You have to purchase the whole Pro Suite extra for liscensing it, as far as I see with no further use of the Lib, that is only accessible within Sequoias Build in Independence instance.

Next thing to check might be to trigger Seq (running Independences 70GBLib) from Logic Pro internally (one Computer) with Bootcamp, or from an external Laptop. Would be glad to find anybody experienced with this. I guess MTC via Ethernet is a thing.

Is it possible to send Logics MIDI to use Seq as Sampler Station for arranging and composing?

For this particular workflow I would stick with Logic Pro having implemented lots of surroundings, sounds, MIDI and stuff there. Multitasking, I know.

Thx for Help!

Cheers

Best

Tim