With a dongle...

Knapp

... is Samplitude safer to reactivate? I fear that with every new computer, i have to contact tech support. Or my "three licences" end. Or did i get something wrong (newcomer on SAM).

Would be great if you could help me (a little)

Kind regards, C. Knapp

P.S. Are their alternatives to the not that cheap (original) Codemeter. EG a Steinberg Dongle or similar?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I recently installed Sam 11 on a second computer, and it works fine--and the second comp has no internet. I installed, put in the dongle, and it worked. I wish I could have a second (or third) dongle so I don't have to carry the single one around.

The support told me a dongle only make sense, if you use SAM on more than 3 PC's. If you wan't more activations, you will get another contigent after you contact the support team.

So, I can put Sam on more than three computers? I just need to move the single dongle to each? I'm not sure what you mean. I do know that I can't use Samplitude without the dongle in the computer. This has all been gone over, I think, but maybe Tim can clarify once and for all.

Well, I re-read Tim D's overview on installing Pro X with the dongle, and even though I have V. 11, I'm sure the same basics apply. I'm going to install 11 on at least two more computers--2 separate units in one room, where I use an old Dell to run plugins for keys and drums, and the main unit that we record with--so we'll see about that dongle. I guess I should contact Tim D. about this little dilemma. I believe I read in another thread that things are different if one activates or installs Samplitude as a download--I have a disc, and of course I'm registered and all that through the initial install and Codemeter software.

...and even though I have V. 11, I'm sure the same basics apply.

No. The dongle policy has changed with V12.

V11 generally needs a dongle, which means: You can install V11 on as many computers as you like, but it will only run on the one computer that has the dongle plugged in.

V12 gives you the choice:

First option is: You can activate it with the serialnumber, which allows you to get it running on up to 3 computers simultaniously without the dongle. Once it is activated on 3 computers your contingent is used up. In this case you need to contact the guys at support, who can raise the contingent.

Second option is: You can activate it with the dongle, which means, same as with V11. And the third option is a combination of both: Activate up to 3 instances for use without the dongle, activate another one (or more) for use with the dongle.

Regards

Matthias