help plz with stabilizing ASIO selection in "system options"??

kitson

Am new to this forum (and to Samplitude). Can anyone help me as to why my Samplitude 11Pro software -- after I select "ASIO" on the systems options screen, skips to "MME" or "WDM" when I close that window? It was ok up until a week ago. I could check that "ASIO" was selected and could also then see I had live monitoring visible on the tracks that were armed, but when I close that window, the monitoring goes dead, I no longer have a signal to record, and when I again open up the "System Options" screen, I see the selection has spontaneously jumped to "MME" or "WDM." As you can tell, I'm too inexperienced with Samplitude (bought it three years ago from my local dealer who set it up for me but he has since gone out of business) to know what's wrong. My set up is an RME Fireface UFX monitored by Total mix software on my lap top. I use it mostly to (try) to record voice overs for self help videos.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me,

Kitson

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. Am running Totalmix on my laptop, connected by USB to the RME. Probably way more hardware than I really need, but my sound engineer (who has sinced moved out of state) recommended Samplitude as being technically superior to Pro Tools (and he sold Pro Tools for eight years). Ultimately, recording fidelity and clarity are an essential part of any digital audio project, so that's why I bit off more than I could chew. There's also no doubt my RME driver is out of date (updated fall of 2012). i fiddled and tweaked for hours and somehow have managed to get live monitoring working again, when I arm a track to record. The problem is I don't really know what I did... The Magix rep in California (where I'm located) suggested I hire someone to trouble shoot the software integration if I can't figure out with guidance from all you experts.

Thanks again,

Kitson

why don't you just update the rme driver?

go to the rme website and download the driver. it is an installer and will update, when you start it.

then restart your computer and see if your problem was driverrelated.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.php?page=content/downloads/en_downloads_driver&subpage=content/downloads/en_downloads_driver_uc

do the driverupdate first and then do the flashupdate of the fireface firmware (hardwareupdate)

good luck