Help about stabilizing mixing session

Tunca

Hi,

I just bought Samplitude Music Studio 2013.I'm happy with.But i have problem about DSP and buffer.

When i mix,i'm using settings like this.(No problem when recording.And interface is Roland Tri Capture)

@24/48kHz

VIP Buffer:4096

Buffer Number:9

Monitor:Peakmeter monitoring

It's best setting but still no good for me.Cause simply when i open "only one plugin" to 30 channels,my DSP meter is going crazy.It's about %91.And like i said,it's best setting.If i use smaller buffer sizes,DSP meter is about %121-145.

Is there any way to fix it? I'm new on Samplitude.I was using Reaper and i didn't have issue like this.Even i can't use Nebula plugin.

I need help about this.Please help.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having. One thing to bear in mind is that Samplitude Music Studio 2013 as far as I know isn't multicore CPU enabled. So it will be using more resources than Reaper. The 2014 version is multicore enabled and also 64-bit so it may be worth downloading the demo http://dl03.magix.net/trial_sms2014_dlm.exe and seeing if you have any better luck with that.

Regards

Kraznet

Did you try changing the monitor behaviour so the fader is to the far right or any of the settings in between?

Yes,i changed monitor setting.Tried all settings and "Peakmeter Monitoring" is the best to what i want.But not enough.

it may be worth checking the CPU meter in the Windows task manager just to check how many cores Samplitude is actually using.

.Cause simply when i open "only one plugin" to 30 channels,my DSP meter is going crazy

Do you mean when you open just a single plug-in or when you put a single plug-ins on all 30 channels?

it may be worth checking the CPU meter in the Windows task manager just to check how many cores Samplitude is actually using.

.Cause simply when i open "only one plugin" to 30 channels,my DSP meter is going crazy

Do you mean when you open just a single plug-in or when you put a single plug-ins on all 30 channels?

It's using only one CPU.

And yes,i open Sknote Strip x 30.There isn't any plugin.

It's using only one CPU.

The Intel i5-3230M is a dual core processor with 4 threads so you will only be getting half the available power. But you should still be getting better performance than you are getting.

Although I'm not sure what to do at this point to help you.Other than you try my suggestion of downloading the Samplitude Music Studio 2014 demo and trying that in comparison.

Regards

Kraznet

It's using only one CPU.

The Intel i5-3230M is a dual core processor with 4 threads so you will only be getting half the available power. But you should still be getting better performance than you are getting.

Although I'm not sure what to do at this point to help you.Other than you try my suggestion of downloading the Samplitude Music Studio 2014 demo and trying that in comparison.

Regards

Kraznet

I downloaded and tried.Same project,same plugins,same asio setting...DSP MAX %30.

I think i have to upgrade..But i have no money.blush.png I have a coupon but i have to wait to making money.

By the way can i use Independence with other DAWs?

The independence version which comes with magix products doesn't work with third-party DAW's. For that you need to use the VSTi version.

you can download the free version from here which works as a VST plug-in :

http://pro.magix.com/en/independence/independence-free.1013.html

there are also paid versions Independence Basic And Independence Pro details here :

http://pro.magix.com/en/independence/versions.1014.html

Regards

Kraznet

Thanks!I downloaded.

By the way i'm trying to upgrade.They gave a coupon but it's for GBP.99 GBP is really expensive in my country.Already i bought SMS 2013 with dollar.How can i get dollar coupon?I'm still waiting but there is no reply from Magix.I need help about upgrade.