Audio Midi Sync

Thrust

Im using Samplitude Music Studio MX. My question is when synced to midi clock is the audio easier for the program to control in track long segments all glued together or split into 1, 2, and four bar segments? I ask because in a 4 minute song the audio seems a little out of sync by the end of the song. Right now most of the audio is in track long objects all glued together. By about 3 minutes the click track is phasing or flaming. Just off enough to notice.

Hi

Basically the audio recorded in Music Studio MX uses your soundcard 'clock source' for synchronization not the midi clock.

So over time the audio will drift away from the midi as they are using different clock sources.

MTC uses a time stamp code SMPTE (hours:minutes:seconds:frames) for both sources which locks the two together and also allows you to stop/start at any point in the recording.

Regards

Brian

Thrust

Maybe I'm missing something, but I wonder: if you're not syncing to any software, and you haven't mentioned any external hardware, why are you trying to sync MX to the SmartSync, and what are you sync'ing to, a striped audio track that's now in StudioMX?

I'm just curious. I got a Cooper PPS-2 way back when to sync an Alesis SR-16 with my Tascam 464 recorder (yes, that was a very long time ago). I don't have StudioMX, but Samp ProX and V11Pro and had never thought to use the PPS2. Might be interesting.

Im syncing to tape. Remember tape. Ive tried MTC fro a Motu Digital Time Piece and see the sync light on and the SMPTE time running in the lower right corner but the music never starts. The same setting works in 2 other daws but not Samplitude. I love the program but Im a little disappointed. Any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...