How to synchronize mixer and project window track selection?

MattJW

Hi new here, have been trying out the 30 day demo and have a new copy of pro x arriving tomorrow. Have been using Cubase for years but i'm loving how great Sam prox sounds !

Question: is there any setting so selecting a track in the mixer selects the same track in the project window? I've looked through the help/manual but can't find any reference to this.

Also is there a way to enter a value to a automation node?

many thanks

Matt

Which version demo didi you have installed? Recent one is 12.5.1.272.

MIxer follows arranger and vice versa here, may have to do with the version. Update your new copy as soon as it´s installed, should work without further settings.

Entering a value to automation node is something on the feature wishlist, support is aware of that. If you hold shift while moving the changes get finer.

Also have a look at Kraznet´s youtube channel, there´s lots of stuff he did that´ll make work with Sam fun for you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/kraznet

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

thanks for the reply, i'm using the downloadable 30 day demo, but will have the full boxed version delivered tomorrow. I just checked the version number and it matches the number you mentioned. I was thinking their might be a switchable option somewhere. Maybe when i install the full version it will work ok. Good to know that it should work though, thanks for the kraznet link i'll check it out,

all the best,

Matt

I have a hardware controller (Presonus Faderport) connected to Sam. There´s a hardware controller menu where you can synchronize with active track, mixer or not at all. But I just checked on my other system without HW controller and it doesn´t make a difference, still works. Didn´t find any parameter regarding this. Check with the full version, nothing else I can think of or find right now.

I went back and checked and yes oops the track selection does synchronise but i was expecting cubase like behaviour where by if you select a track in the mixer the project/arranger page will scroll to display the track if it's out of view, this is what made me think they weren't synchronising as i still have to go and scroll the track into view in the arrange view. Not a big deal. Part of re learning habits i guess :)

very impressed overall though so far.

Thanks for your patience!

Matt