Working with a VST's GUI and the VIP?

spamer68

Hi, I'm a newby to Samplitude ProX2 and I hope to learn all about this amazing DAW with the help from you guys on this forum. Anyway, I'm coming from Sonar 8.5 for a very good reason, which I can explain at a later date, but to cut to the chase, I'm using a customized .inz file, as I'm visually impaired and need to utilize many of the shortcut keystrokes. I'm working with a colleague and we're currently in the middle of creating a comprehensive access solution to make Samplitude Pro X2 a viable solution for all VIP users.

My first question is regarding the native GUI of a VST...is there a way to keep both the VST's GUI open and the VIP UI?, so you can move from window to window? At the moment, I'm only able to open a VST's GUI and then close it again in order to go back to the VIP window. How do others work in this kind of situation, where you need to be switching from 1 UI to another a lot. THX for any help, Steve.

I am using Sequoia, and there i i can keep both vip and vst window open same time.

Just clicking the window that i am adjusting, makes it active for to adjust.

I am not sure about new samplitude version, but i guess there must be possibility to keep them both open.

As normally the vip window is of course always open.

Have you try to look the options behind system/audio options. Pressing letter "Y" opens it.

Hi southpolewind and thanks for the reply. I can't find anything relating to keeping windows open, but a little more info may help. When opening, lets say Omnisphere, it opens by default in the parameter view and not in the plugs UI. You can change this of course in the dropdown, but again I can't find how to change this. I'll take another look around tomorrow, but I feel as if I'm missing something really simple? THX.

Maybe if you use the "VST instrument editor" menu it opens the VST GUI of the track when you press it. I dont know if this is what you want. Check in the menu "View" and the sub menu "window" some item would be interesting for you. But you cannot have both open if you dont have two screen. Do you have a screen shot of what you need?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi james, yes I'll try the VST editor, but what I want is to be able to control tab from VIP to a VSt's GUI. I could do this in Sonar and in Reaper you can have a VST in its own dedicated window. So, it's so I can work in the VIP and then switch to the VST's GUI without having to close and reopen it all the time, THX