Independence Library

Geo524

Hi Sampers,

Are we able to download Independence from our Samplitude Pro accounts? I saw where i can download Samplitude Pro X3 but clicking on Independence did not bring anything up in the right hand menu. I am missing some content and need to download/reinstall. 

Thanks,

George

Thank you for your reply, Terry. In my account, I had to go to downloads. In screenshot 2 I can click on a product and it comes up in the right-hand menu as available. When I click on Independence (such as in screenshot3) nothing is displayed under downloads available. I have an e-mail into tech support but so far they have not been that much help. I'm thinking the 70 gig library is too much to store on their servers? I also have an e-mail into customer service to see if I can get the DVD set? One way or another I'd like to get the rest of the Independence content. Thanks again. 

Screen2.jpg

Screen3.jpg

Well the files I am uploading won't include an installer so it will be a case of copying to the hard drive location you want and then setting the library path from within Independence. Once independence has verified that location you should be able to remove the old ones. But I would wait to make sure everything goes smoothly once you've installed the files I'm uploading. 

Regards, Kraznet

Indy Add Libray.jpg

3 hours ago, Geo524 said:

Just thinking... I can create a second folder called Independence 2. Copy the new files I download to that folder and select that folder from "add library" in Samplitude. Once I know everything is good I can delete the original folder. 

Yes I think that should work. I've had my independence library installed on a separate sample drive for years. Whenever I needed to do an OS reinstall all I do is install Samplitude plus the instruments etc. Then I just add my library to Independence as shown in the JPEG. It always works. I doubt the library will be uploaded to my cloud drive until tomorrow as it says another 12 hours left.

Regards, Kraznet

Oh yes Kraznet. Once I've downloaded that massive Independent library content I am certainly going to back it up to one of my other drives. I have 2 1TB drives (3 including my SSD) so plenty of room to back things up. Again I really appreciate you helping me out! 

22 minutes ago, Geo524 said:

Thanks Kraznet. This is really mighty generous of you. How long will the link be available as with the Holidays upon us I probably won't get to download the library for a few days. 

I haven't set a limit so you can download it when you're ready.

Regards, Kraznet

Hi Kraznet. Many thanks again for the link to download Independence Library. I decided to go on a mission and do a fresh install of Windows 10. I downloaded and installed the entire Samplitude Pro X3 Suite again. All is well. This download session went a lot faster.  About 24 hours total for everything. Life is good. Merry Christmas.

1 hour ago, Geo524 said:

Hi Kraznet. Many thanks again for the link to download Independence Library. I decided to go on a mission and do a fresh install of Windows 10. I downloaded and installed the entire Samplitude Pro X3 Suite again. All is well. This download session went a lot faster.  About 24 hours total for everything. Life is good. Merry Christmas.

That's great news I'm glad the download went smoothly. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Regards, Kraznet

I'm new here but I found you can install Independence from inside of Samplitude- Install Instruments or whatever it's called...then insert Independence and the first time it will ask if you want to d/l the library and asks where to install it. If you should close it without installing go to Program Files (x86)...go to Independence and you should find the Content Installer.exe. Barring it that it's under ProgramData :)

Bill

Thanks Bill. I did exactly that. The download and install went much better the second time around and I now have everything backed up to a USB flash drive. In the event I should need to reinstall everything again at a later time it won't be nearly as painful. :)

Cheers