Pro X3 Suite Trial

Quietly

I ask because it says 20 in the full version but in the trial version I have downloaded there are only 3. Just need someone to confirm if that is correct or not. Oh I have put in a support ticket asking the same question so if no one knows the answer I will post their reply when I receive it.

The download would seem to suggest that indeed 3 instruments is all you get in the trial. If the download was broken, much worse things would have happened.

However, did you check under "Help" where the full version has you download the rest of  your stuff? Perhaps you merely missed that part.

Terry

Thanks Terry. I have downloaded three times now and on one occasion switched off Windows Defender so no Anti Virus running. The results were all the same just three VST's. On the bright side I can configure Samplitude in super quick time on the down side I cannot check out all the VST's before deciding to pull the trigger.

1 hour ago, Quietly said:

on the down side I cannot check out all the VST's before deciding to pull the trigger.

Stock VSTi`s are virtually the same in any daw,how good they are depends on sample layers and how well they were recorded (are they in tune for a kick off?),the only real difference is the user interface and how well you take to it ... much of VSTi sound is how well you can "program it" (theres more to realistic sound than placing a midi note) :)

personally i haven't tried Sam instruments yet,my nets rubbish,cant comment on em,but

99% of pluggins out there are tat,some are based on exactly the same code but with a changed "resistor" value and a nice pretty new face .. some are programmed by noobs ... all would have you believe their plug is the best thing since sliced bread, 1% is actually the dogs bollocks,finding that 1% is a nightmare ... mostly its a cash grab ..

sam stock VST effects are brilliant,they truly are good :) i can imagine the same effort went into making the vsti`s (or at least someone with a good ear OK`d the buying of the used sample packs)

i look at it like this .. a stable daw that comes with some handy VSTi`s bundled in with it

Thanks Kraznet much appreciated and also thanks for your informative videos.

I appear to be having a slight graphics issue with Samplitude as in if I open the same VST instrument in another DAW the graphics are clearer than they are in Samplitude. In Samplitude the lettering is ever so slightly blurred and if I move the VST plugin panel then all sorts of strange things happen. Files attached and as you can see the image is not only slightly more blurred but it has clipped the control panel just below the buttons and also on the right hand side.  Not  the case in the other DAW. 

Please accept I am not interested in a DAW comparison thread :-) just pointing out this slight problem I am experiencing. 

Best regards,

Quietly

Top Image other DAW bottom image Samplitude.

Cubase Scarbee.JPG

Samplitude Scarbee.JPG

3 minutes ago, Quietly said:

Thanks Kraznet much appreciated and also thanks for your informative videos.

I appear to be having a slight graphics issue with Samplitude as in if I open the same VST instrument in another DAW the graphics are

Kraznet is brilliant eh :)

a few users have reported this issue,i have had it too ... i *might* have a solution,i`ll have to boot to another operating system and replicate the problem to be sure .. in fact i`ll do this now and report back in an hour .. ish

oooooooooooook ...

i was 100000000000% sure that the update caused the font thing ... i was wrong !!!

i rebooted to a clean non-updated win7 and installed the update = no font glitch

changed the custom text size to 111% .. rebooted - no font glitch (setting font scaling at 100% does cure the font thing,if you get it)

changed the custom text size to 125% .. rebooted - no font glitch

did something else im not admitting to on an open forum = no font glitch ...

so says i,what the ffffffffff ?

booted back to my updated win7 test partition (this) and installed the update = no font glitch

changed the custom text size to 111% .. rebooted - no font glitch

changed the custom text size to 125% .. rebooted - no font glitch

the only thing that is common to both these operating systems and different to the  first time i installed Sam (and got the font thing) to test is:-

the Nvidea driver = 309.08-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql ...

since i cant replicate i can only suggest trying updating your graphics driver ...

Edit:- since newest isn't always best -  or going back a few versions ;)

hope it works for you :)

Many thanks HH for all the hard work but in my book this is clearly a Samplitude issue. I have two other well known DAW's installed on my PC and both work perfectly graphics wise.

Have a great 2018 one and all. Small issue but added to the large learning curve it's big enough to make me pass up on switching to Samplitude.

Best regards,

Quietly

21 minutes ago, Quietly said:

Many thanks HH for all the hard work but in my book this is clearly a Samplitude issue. I have two other well known DAW's installed on my PC and both work perfectly graphics wise.

Have a great 2018 one and all. Small issue but added to the large learning curve it's big enough to make me pass up on switching to Samplitude.

Best regards,

Sam i believe uses another graphics system to deliver txt to the screen so don't rule out updating graphics drivers ..

whatever the font thing is its a small thing,you gonna let it beat you? nooooooooooooooooooo!