spamer68

Samplitude Access V5.0 takes access to another level

Hi, just wanted to let Magix and any interested user know that the Samplitude Access scripts are now available.  This takes access to Samplitude ProX3 to another level.  With a dedicated installer and a host of new featrues, improvements and workflow options, it makes pro recording totally accessible to the blind/visually impaired user.  For more information, visit:

www.samplitudeaccess.org.uk

Best steve.

Yes indeed. It took us a bit longer to get the new Samplitude Access scripts out but they do work fantastically well and give us even greater access to Samplitude Pro X3 Suite and Pro X3. Plus the fact that Can has written an installer for the scripts makes installing the Samplitude Access solution seamless.

This is now a very comprehensive, elegant, and powerful accessibility solution! Thank you to Steve, Phil, Len, kan et al, for the incredible amount of work that has gone into this.  Thanks also to Magix for showing you are dedicated to inclusiveness, and not just paying lip service to accessibility, as so many other companies do.

I have yet to see any other attempt at accessibility for Samplitude materialize.  Magix, can you point us in the direction of these alternatives, if they indeed exist?

To borrow some Pink Floyd lyrics:

manfred,
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?
Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again

These scripts are fantastic, combining comprehensive support of the DAW features with efficient workflow (something that's often overlooked with accessibility solutions). I can't see any reason why a visually-impaired user couldn't run a successful commercial project studio now. An amazing effort - well done.

I had occasion to demonstrate a beta version of these scripts as part of an accessibility panel at the recently concluded Winter NAMM. Despite the fact that my laptop was tragically underpowered by pro standards, the Samplitude portion of my demonstration went off flawlessly.  

I just installed the public version of these same scripts on my studio machine this afternoon and I can report that they are performing beyond my expectations.  Great job, guys.

Great job on these JAWS scripts guys.  Not only are these scripts very thorough and robust in terms of functionality across the UI, but the comprehensive and clear documentation that comes with the scripts makes it much easier for those of us transitioning from using other DAW software to effectively using Samplitude.  

Keep up the good work.  Hopefully Magix can interact with the scripters to enable even better access and a more seamless experience for users of screen readers as time goes on.

--Pete