CC Reset after restart

byxx

Dear Community,

Sequoia seems to reset all CCs to 0 when restarted. Can I switch off that behaviour? Some CCs of my orchestra instruments -which I don´t need to automate - are set back every time.

THX
BX

• 1 year later...

Confirmed. This is especially fatal for this plugin: https://rhizomatic.fr/index.php/plasmonic/

The "Macros" at the bottom of the UI are normal VST parameters that also listen to CC. They are very fundamental to the sound, and their default setting is not zero. Hence, the Plasmonic is unusable in Samplitude.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Insert Plasmonic on a track.
  2. Select the "Going Rhythmic B" preset and notice the current setting of the macros (M1 - M8) at the bottom of the plugin's UI.
  3. Save the project.
  4. Restart Samplitude and load the project.
  5. Play a note using the Plasmonic plugin (either via the sequencer or simply by playing on a midi keyboard).  Notice how all the macros are now set to 0, which is wrong.

Can someone please tell me how to disable this behavior?  I've been in contact with the developer of Plasmonic, and he assures me that these parameters are not special in way except that they listen to midi control changes.

Hi @JoaCHIP & @byxx!

I can also comfirm this on both Pro X4 & Pro X5. Works fine is you open the same VIP on Pro X3.

This is a Samplitude/Sequoia VST3 issue on Pro X4 & Pro X5, if there is a VST2 version of the VSTi, use that as a workaround ...

Tested with Plouge AlterEgo which use CCs for many parameters, all these parameters are reset to 0 on the VST3 version but the VST2 works just fine.

Acually I can see when the parameters are reset on the VST3 version, if I start Samplitude and load the VIP from the startup screen it first loads the parameters ok but then  resets when some of the program elemts/manager tabs are loading. If I load the VIP when the Samplitude is already running the CCs are reset instantly ...

@proaudiosupport is this a known issue?

Best, Thomas

4 hours ago, proaudiosupport said:

Yes, there are problems with VST3 plugins from time to time, unfortunately we can not check all of them.

Thanks for the fast response @proaudiosupport:)

This seems to affect all VST3 plugins (on both Pro X4 & Pro X5, latest builds) that response to CC commands,

both the ones that are pre-mapped to CC and the ones you mapped yourself to CC.

I can see that the VST3 plugin first loads the parameters correct if the plugin interface loads before all elements of Samplitude have loaded and then all parameters that response to CCs resets to 0 when Samplitude finish loading, preset parameters that's not set to response to CCs does not reset.

If Samplitude is already running when opening the VIP it resets with a blink of an eye but if one pay attention one might see when it resets.

The free Plouge AlterEgo is a good example to test this with as it has many parameters set to response to CCs and they are also labeled with CC numbers:

https://www.plogue.com/products/alter-ego.html

Usually using the VST2 version helps as a workaround.

Yes, I always use the VST2 versions when I can but sometimes there are no VST2 option as more developers only release VST3 versions nowadays ...

Can someone please make a short video on this particular problem?

Thanks & Best Regards

I'll try to make a video later ...

Best, Thomas

The problem is not sporadic.  It happens every time you load a project.

Steinberg are shutting down VST2, and because of that many new plugins are often only available as VST3, so this problem will become increasingly severe.

I will make a video very soon.