Jimi H

duplicate object offset

All is in the title, i duplicated 16 times a few dozen of seconds objects and they are offset one to the other of about 1/2 second from the 10th and a few loops approximately
I have set project tempo, i reccorded with tempo active, I did all good, I don't get why it's offset. Live ableton was much easier for loops, what a shame it has such a bad sound.

PS I work on samplitude X5 pro

Ok I just seen why this offset, it seems the objects don't start exactly at the same time maybe because some were reccorded with pre count on the metronome and others didn't, will check this on the future
Had also troubles with time stretch, which seemed to bug like didn't screen previous adjustments when return to parameters and other issues like didn't find my track tempo, couldn't drag object to adjust lenght and manual time stretch

Once sent to AUX tracks don't show sin waves signals so difficult to identify, etc... many obstacles !

seems in fact when you adjust crossfade time, then it offsets the track in time, so you're lost so as when the object starts, so I don't have any reference to where each take starts now, and it sounds out of sync, only few ms or dozen of ms, but enough to loose drum and bass dynamics, this is a horror show. Anyone had same crossfade and duplicate issues ?

On 1/5/2021 at 1:08 AM, Jimi H said:

Anyone had same crossfade and duplicate issues ?

not really no,just some user error of me :-

i duplicated a section a few times pressing "D" .. but it didn't loop well,so i set the snap to full bar,made sure that the object was adjusted to full bar (it was slightly short - but i didn't notice till i looped) after that "D" worked perfectly .. maybe this is your problem ? :)