Sign in to follow this  
pepe44

Headphones mixes and mixer Solo

Hi everyone

I´m trying to achieve this:

Step 1 - Have a band recording live, all with separate headphones mixes ( sent from separate audio interface physical outputs) 

Step 2 - Being able to solo  any track in Samplitude´s mixer without affecting any of the Headphone mixes.

Step 1 - easy to achieve using dedicated AUX tracks set to physical outputs (AUX set to Pre or Direct Out)

Step 2 - Couldn´t yet managed to to this. 

Some audio interfaces allow one to use it´s internal mixer to accomplish this task using the direct routing of input channels to output channels,, that is not the case here.

Only using the internal samplitude mixer.

Is possible ?

Thanks in advanced.

I believe the option that is needed for this is to have a track option called solo defeat , not a global option, per track...Cant find it. Maybe this is not possible.

Hi Pepe,

it is possible! I use that in daily work for a long time.

Your problem is propably caused by the fact, that you do not use the monitor path as a dedicated seperate output feeding your monitors.

As long as you do not use it, the solo function will interrupt your aux feeds, because it works as a "solo in place" which goes on to your stereo master bus. That means every channel which is not involved will be switched off by pressing a solo button, except the belonging effect returns. That kills even your headphone mix.

In postproduction it could be quite attractive using the stereo bus as listening source, because it achieves listening even the dedicated effect returns of your soloed channel. In a tracking situation it disturbs your headphone mixes of course.

So, if you use the monitoring path of samplitude it won't interrupt your headphone outputs any longer.

By the way which version do you use?

Hi Pepe,

from your other thread I just noticed that you use ProX5. Although I already bought ProX5, I just use it for testing purposes. I did not check your special concern yet.

So, the things I wrote refer to ProX4.

Good to know that ProX5 is still not to be taken serious. Even 10 months after market entry. Annoying for you as a newbe. I am sorry for you.

Maybe you ask the support for getting a ProX4 licence. You will not have the convenience of inserting sonarworks in the monitoring section, but at least the solo functionality will work.

A paltry consolation!

40 minutes ago, semplitjut said:

Hi Pepe,

from your other thread I just noticed that you use ProX5. Although I already bought ProX5, I just use it for testing purposes. I did not check your special concern yet.

So, the things I wrote refer to ProX4.

Good to know that ProX5 is still not to be taken serious. Even 10 months after market entry. Annoying for you as a newbe. I am sorry for you.

Maybe you ask the support for getting a ProX4 licence. You will not have the convenience of inserting sonarworks in the monitoring section, but at least the solo functionality will work.

A paltry consolation!

Thanks for your explanation.

I´ve been reading some posts and i found more problem from users using Pro X 5 than other versions.

Seems like the monitoring is causing most problems.

Lets see how the development team deals with this .

Thanks for your reply.

All the best.