Welcome to all Samplitude & Sequoia newcomers

Guest Norman

Guest Donald S. Leverich

Sooo, what happened to the old newsgroup? Is this Samplitude's way of saying you're not going to support V6 any longer? Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside about upgrading...

Donald S. Leverich

Once a Knight Productions

>Sooo, what happened to the old newsgroup? Is this Samplitude's way of saying you're not going to >support V6 any longer? Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside about upgrading...

The old newsgroup was (and maybe stays) a fine thing, but at least its name (alt.sekd) is a bit

outdated, since we're MAGIX for quite some time. And since its hosting is not related to MAGIX

at all, we can't guarantee its functioning in any way (neither for the future nor in case of technical

problems- as several longer downtimes during the last year have shown).

Additionally there are requests for a web board for quite some time now, during the downtimes of

alt.sekd some were created already. To prevent a diaspora of users across the web we just need an

official one, which also is a great must for developers like me or Norman, answering the questions

there in their spare time.

Regarding support: of course you can ask your questions anywhere, but the official way is and stays

to ask our support team. They have accumulated a lot of know-how and discuss new problems with

us developers in effort to solve them. If I find questions regarding Samplitude which I can answer

anywhere else I'll continue to answer them, but for obvious reasons Samplitude 7 support questions

will mostly be answered in the Samplitude 7 forum and questions regarding older Samplitude version or other issues here in the (maybe not that perfectly named) newcomer forum.

Regards,

Volker

Well HELLO!! yes i think we need a better forum name like "Welcome to all Samplitude & Sequoia users"

Samplitude & Sequoia users are welcome in the closed V7 forums. The "welcome to newcomer forum" should be a warm place for all interested people, where old users can place enthusiastic statements and talk about the daily life with Samplitude & Sequoia to outsiders. The officials will help with demo related problems and tips for a purchase.

well...I'm here...who brought the coffee?

Coffee is out. What about some new impulses for the room simulator?

regards

Norman

OK...since I'm about to upgrade from producer to V7, where' the promised V7 board? I don't see it on the Forums page. Am I blind?

The link is on www.samplitude.com or www.samplitude.de (quick links on the left). You will see also a link in the service area after registering for V7.

regards

Norman

Guest Kevin Morrison

I think it's great that Magix is hosting this forum.... hopefully it will provide a good transition point from the Sekd usenet forum.

Have you guys thought of posting links there so the Samplitude faithful can make their way here?

thanks

Kevin Morrison

I hope nobody blames us, if the newsgroup just isn't working.

I can't get access to the server right now, but that's not the

transition point intended.

Their fuses seem have a peculiar feeling about the

right timing. <_<

Volker

Guest Immanuel Kuhrt

Ah, finally a message board. It seems, there will be not much use for my Samplitude only message board, but as long, as people can get something better (message board with developers), it is fine.

Immanuel Kuhrt

Guest major7+9

HI everyone and the forum.

I am absulutely delighted that finaly we've got a legit. samplitude forum.

Realy, i am very eccited about this forum.

BTW,did i mention that samplitude is the best multitrack on this globe?If

you dont believe me,i was almost getting ready to take the distribution

aspects of it if it would have taken longer.

Anyways,very happy to be here.

• 1 month later...

Hey, good idea! I thought there was only the highly classified top secret Samp 7 forum. Glad to see a welcome mat for the tire kickers and the haven't upgraded yet's. I'm a member of the latter, and a very happy Samplitude user for some time now...Producer 6.5 . <_<