System requiremets

Guest loudfunk

Recommended hardware for Samplitude 7.0:

Mastering: P3/Athlon 700 MHz

Multitrack Recorder: P4/Athlon 1.8 (fast HD)

complete studio (MIDI, instruments, room simulator,

effects, mixing): P4/Athlon XP 2.0 GHz

- Graphic card with dual monitor support

- 256 MB - 512 MB RAM

Recommended audio hardware for Samplitude 7.0:

- RME Hammerfall (DSP)

Recommended operating system for Samplitude 7.0:

- Windows XP (use of ASIO drivers)

What are the system requirements for SAMP7? I'm guessing P3 800 mHz?

It depends from your use purpose. 800 MHz are enough for stereo mastering, multitrack recording and moderate mixing sessions. Many users run Samplitude also with success on less powerful systems. But if you want to run a complete studio setup inside Samplitude - VSTi, lots of tracks and high end realtime effects with low latency - you need a more powerful CPU.

For example: The most impressive effect in Samplitude 7 is the new realtime room simulator with convolution technology, allowing incredible reverbs. It´s possible, to simulate every high end digital reverb unit and real spaces in perfection. Listen to it and I´am sure you will not miss it any longer in future mixing sessions.

For example: Maybe you need two RS instances with different presets. This needs about 20-25 % of an Athlon 2000. You want to use also some other effects, like up to 5 Advanced Dynamics, some linearphase FFT-EQs, 1 Multiband Compressor in a Bus and 1 in the Master, 1 Amp Simulation and 1 Stereo Enhancer. Plus some native VST plugins. All toghether in an arrangement with 20-30 stereo tracks. I would recommend at least a 2 GHz CPU.

Samplitude is highly optimized and very ressource friendly, calculating effects only in the required moment and frees the CPU afterwards. But it seems to be a law in the audio world, that every new and high CPU power will be consumed in a very short time by the users needs and expectations. So the best solution for excessive sessions will be of course the most powerful CPU available: 3 GHz P4 with Hyperthreading, Single Athlon 2800+ or a Dual Athlon rig with two 2600+ bolids. Of course very expensive and outnumbered by new toys in some months. I think, a little bit less CPU for a much lower price will also do the trick in most cases.

But it´s always the complete system - CPU, RAM subsystem, harddiscs and the operating system.

Stability is important, so I recommend a board with a stable audioproofed chipset, good RAM, a high quality power supply unit and fast harddiscs. Recommended OS for Samplitude 7 is Windows XP (or Windows 2000).

Again: all depends from your real needs.

regards

Norman

Guest loudfunk

Thanks guys...I figured I could run it for moderate usage on my second PC as well. Which is a P3 800 MHz, 512 ram, etc....

I'm waiting for SFR to arrive and have been playing arounf with the demo and am just speechless how much less strain SaMP7 puts on the cpu compared to say Cubase SX.

Thanks guys...I figured I could run it for moderate usage on my second PC as well. Which is a P3 800 MHz, 512 ram, etc....

I´am afraid, after listening to the room simulator with some of the impulses from the CD, you will want more power, to run the effect in some instances.

You can check the RS CPU load on your system with the demo hitting the preview button. Needs the same power like one realtime instance.

regards

Norman

• 1 year later...