No Loop Objects in v7!?

Aaron Ximm

SO I just got v7 in the mail today, and I haven't installed yet (pending a system image... just in case).

However, looking through the manual in the Object Editor section, it struck me that Loop Object functionality, since v6 a part of the Timestretching/Pitchshifting object settings, were gone...

...and from the index, it appears this feature has been removed entirely!

Say it isn't so!!!

I use this feature ALL THE TIME, and if I had known it was going to be (silently) removed from v7 it would have given me serious pause for thought before upgrading for $250. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been no mention of this in any of the documentation on v7.

Is it really gone? Is it going to be restored, better and brighter, in 7.01!?

I know there are work arounds for the basic feature, but I *love* loop objects... there are things I can do with them that I will *not* be able to do any other way without a TON of manual work!

Deeply concerned,

aaron

ghede@well.com

http://www.quietamerican.org

However, looking through the manual in the Object Editor section, it struck me that Loop Object functionality, since v6 a part of the Timestretching/Pitchshifting object settings, were gone... ...and from the index, it appears this feature has been removed entirely!

Yes, this feature is removed, but only from the manual. Must be a manual bug. The loop object functionality is still in the object editor, together with the new timestretching/pitchshifting algorithms, waiting for your orders.

regards

Norman