ASIO automation, Rewire?

Guest Grok

Hi Samplitude's team,

Is there ASIO automation and Rewire in Samplitude Professional 7?

If not, will it be supported by a future release?

Thank you for this tremendous soft!...

>Is there ASIO automation and Rewire in Samplitude Professional 7?

Currently not.

>If not, will it be supported by a future release?

VST automation definitively, but no ETA yet.

Rewire is under consideration.

Regards,

Volker

Guest djerikgo

I don't think Rewire should be a top priority. Have you listen to Reason rewired in cubase or nuendo ? It sounds awful !! check the difference between the reason file bounced and imported with the direct sound rewired ! that's a joke. Of course the idea is interesting and it could be convenient, but it sounds so bad !! And on top of that , you tottally lose the good groove feeling you have with Reason stand alone , because when it is rewired, it loses its internal clock and becomes slave of Nuendo or cubase or logic , and those programs are also a joke when it comes to midi timing and tightness.

I mean , Reason is maybe the first best groove machine on computer (fruity loops is not bad either), and it has almost make me put my MPC60 in the garage. How do you want me to lose that by rewiring it.

At least fruityloops VSTi, gives you the opportunity to disable the slave tempo function.

A better thing, would be Propellerheads to create the Reason VSTi. But that's another story.

BTW what do SAM's programmers think of REWIRE (if they can give their opinion freely on that). That would be very interesting to know.

thanks

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest

wHAT??!!! Reason sounds as good rewired as it does natively. Give it a break and for me to consider Samplitude its gonna have to have rewire support. These guys no the popularity of Reason and there should be know 'reason' rewire is not supported.

Guest looking4sam

I have turned my attention to samplitude, given its recent MIDI features. This is a small list of what would definitively make the program usable for me (and I guess many other electronic music producers)

1) Rewire support (tracks configurable as mono or stereo individually)

2) Drum editor (full rewire support again:drum names shown in editor ... I don't know if this is possible but I understand there's much more to Rewire than the current Steinberg implementation)

3) Controller lanes (again full rewire possible? I mean controller "real" names being shown in the editor)

4) Maybe this feature is already supported, but MIDI drag&drop (from everywhere to midi tracks) can help a lot when using some plugins (Stylus, Phatmatik)

5) Does Samplitude have any kind of "on the fly" timestretch similar to Ableton Live? That program has some nice touches, too.

I understand that Samplitude is a fully fledged MULTITRACK AUDIO ENVIRONMENT app, but since many MIDI composers are looking for alternatives to SX and LOGIC... Magix looks very respectable. I value technical support and stability much more than features. Propellerheads is a fine example. Is Magix also such a company?

I will browse the web to see if there is a demo to check the current state of development of Samplitude.

Thanks and best regards.

Guest Norman
5) Does Samplitude have any kind of "on the fly" timestretch similar to Ableton Live? That program has some nice touches, too.

Yes. Sampliutde allows realtime TS/RS non-destructive on object level, with new developed high-quality algorithms for different material. Just open the object editor (double click on an object). A timestretch mouse tool allows to control the object length with a simple drag&drop on the object end.

MIDI&Rewire: We try to realize the input and the demands from our registered user forum. There are also a lot of ideas regarding MIDI & Rewire.

I value technical support and stability much more than features. Is Magix also such a company?

Simple answer: Sequoia is a standard in the professional broadcast and high-end mastering market. Our professional clients, working with Sequoia/Samplitude every day, expect an outstanding program stability and support and will not tolerate buggy releases, so this has always top priority.

regards

Norman

Guest wilcofan

Hopefully Melodyne 2.0's syncing ability to a host through Rewire and a VST plugin bridge will change anyone's mind about the usefulness of Rewire in Samplitude's future.

Please NO Rewire, SAM is too good for that!

I hope not! And Rex2 support also!

Guest wilcofan

Here's page to check out screenshots of new Melodyne 2.0 running with hosts via a VST bridge and in sync using ReWire. I really think Samplitude should be on this page of screenshots.

Melodyne+Hosts Screenshots

Notice ProTools? Samplitude needs ReWire, IMHO. Pitch correction is big in this studio (don't know exactly what that says) and Samplitude could never be more than a mixing option with so many other major apps having this new ability to work with tracks in real-time and with this "super-plugin". I say "super" because it's like a VST plugin with resizable windows and multiple edit pages.

Not trying to bash Sam7 here, I think it rocks, just showing a stumbling block for THIS user using it full-time for pop production.

Guest Gravitygrave

I've shown and raved about Samp to some friends, but the clincher was....does it have Rewire? :angry: So there were about half a dozen potential sales gone right there (i know thats not a lot inthe grand scheme but...)....plus I have an album to produce/engineer that is a good 60-70% Reason per song - the rest being some live bass and live drums plus guitars and vocals. All the production demos have been done rewired to Cubase SX, so when we get the final song structures, i`m gonna bouce each instrument down to a wave file and bring them into Samp.....cos it sounds so damn good compared to SX - mix to mix i get a better result in Samp everytime. :blink:

Guest wilcofan

Yes, I noticed on the Melodyne news page that Rewire is now not the only means to sync it up as a background application. They are also allowing for SMPTE and MIDIclock so that seems sorted with Sam7.

I still vote for both Rewire and Rex2 import, however. I make pop music and am *really* trying to find an application to stay full-time in right to mix. Samplitude is looking like it's got a chance in the next year...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ssante@earthlink.net

Rewire support is major these days. Like it or not Softsynths, Samplers and ReWire appear to be the future. I have been a long standing using of Samp for 3 years now. I have mixed and mastered 3 projects using Samp since 4.x. I now have 7.x Pro. I love Samp for Mixing and Mastering. I need Samp for Midi as well. I have Spectronics Atomosphere and Stylus arriving this week. I am praying that VSTI works like a champ. I use ASIO Driver with Digigram VX Pocket v2. I am switching my midi interface from Emagic MT2 to M-audio Midisport 2x2 since MT2 is not compatible with Samp. I fully expect both Spectrasonics products and MS2x2 to work like a charm. There is a compelling arguement to work in a single environment that handles all these integrated components. With the way composition is turning we need these abilities in order to stay current and maximise the workflow process.

Stephanie Sante

www.santemusic.com

• 2 weeks later...

Still no rewire? Damn! C'mon guys I got money to burn but I have to have rewire. Do the software companies get together and divie up the features we all need so there is no solid end all be all DAW? That's what has to happen. I don't want to go protools but i'm tired of SX. Someone said that mix for mix Samplitude sounds better than SX. You should check out the summing test done on R.A.P my friend. The one in which they all damn near sound the same (i.e. no clear winner.)

Still no rewire?

Rewire is of course still under consideration, but there are still legal reasons with the licence.

You should check out the summing test

A summing test says nothing about the quality of an audio engine. The secrets are buried in million lines of code.

regards

Norman

I hear you Norman on the summing test, I dare you to goto the RAP forum and argue that point. I've used them all and have always thought there was little to no differece in sound quality from Samplitude on my Genelecs, to Cubase SX on my Mackies a good mix is a good mix no matter the DAW, it starts with the convertors anyway. BUT...i'm still looking for a complete featureset to suit my needs, Sam almost has it. And i'm holding off of protools because I just know you guys are get that Rewire going for me. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Having ReWire will be THE clincher for me forking over 1000$US for SamPro. I use VST 5 right now with Reason as my main instrument rack. It would certainly be a pain to render all tracks as waves for mixing as I like to tweak my 'layered' sounds all throughout mixing. Not sure how well VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) would work with Sam either. ReWire is nice cuz it brings Reason instruments right up in the main DAW's mixer. Very flexible. BTW, the sound quality is excellent, I don't know what that other nut was talking about. :D

Norman, I've read that the Sam user only gets 3 installs but, for 150$US one can purchase a dongle for installation on another machine? Will this dongle allow unlimited installs? I certainly hope so. For a 1000$US (plus 150$), it's silly to impose such a limitation on the user when many of us are regularly tweaking, cleaning out or upgrading our machines thus requiring reinstalls of all programs. Can you clarify/confirm please? Thankyou sir. I look forward to becoming a Samplitude user/champion. :D