Sam for Rent Clarification

Guest sparky

Greetings all...this is my first post. I am not a Samplitude user YET...but man I am impressed so far!

My question has to deal with the Sam for Rent offer..

1) How much would it cost to buy out after the 25 months...I am looking at cross-grading from Cubase SX.

2) How does Samplitude upgrade pricing work?? For example, is there charges for upgrading from say 7.0 to 7.1 or would there be a cost for going to 8.0?? If I understand the Sam-For-Rent policey, there wouldn't be any charges for new upgrades at all??

Regards

Can someone confirm this ?

All updates in the rental period are free. This includes the yearly main update (7.5, 8, ...), wich is not free for non-Sam for Rent users.

Bugfix patches, combined with small feature updates, like 7.1 or 7.2 will be free for all Samplitude users.

You can read all details on www.samplitude.com - Sam for Rent section.

From the Website:

"During the 25 month rental period, you will receive two upgrades normally chargeable to buyers of the commercial version."

best regards

Norman

Guest major7+9

I have calculated the 30 months rental with the up front fully paid buyers,it comes down

to the same price in general.

AND i hope i am wrong on this question.why is there a difference of favoritism between

a buyer and a renter?since it boils down to the same amount?as i said,my question stands

if i am not wrong on this issue,and it dosnt if i am wrong.and i am hoping that i could be

wrong,hopefuly.

SO,could you gently explain it to us and may be correct me hopefuly?

Guest mikehbeck

Well I thought I read somewhere that the buy-out price is $399...so the $999.75 (25 month lease w/o crossgrade) +399 = $1398.75.

So if you're trying to figure out which method is cheaper, you'd have to know how much the yearly upgrade fee is, which I'm sure changes year to year based on the features added. As long as it's less than $200/year you're better off buying the software outright, unless you start talking in present-value terms, in which case the upgrade price would have to be less than $100 to make buying it worth it.

All the answers there:

Sam for Rent advantages

Sam for Rent - all answers, all questions

Sam for Rent rental agreement (PDF)

Upgrades are charged for the buyers, but not for the renters, during 24 months. It's a saving of more than 900€ in this period for the renters of Samplitude Professional.

Personally, I think possibly I'll never buy Samplitude but will always stay on "Sam for Rent" like I am actually. For me customer, it's a protection against obsolescence, with light financial charges.

My thought is that the "Sam for Rent" formula is very good for Magix, because with this formula they can prevail themselves of a stable and visible amount of customers. So I think their policy is to give advantage to their customer to go on the "Sam for Rent" formula.

I applause them for this (in my opinion) very clever move.

Guest Jesse Skeens

I don't see how the rent method is cheaper at all, in fact it seems more expensive. For me to upgrade from 6.0

to 7.0 is $250. So two upgrades at that price is $500. Samp for rent would be about $750 for me (at $29.99 a

month) and I still only get two upgrades. What am I missing here?

Jesse

Guest Jesse Skeens

Or does it mean that I get to start the rental period with 7.0 plus I get two "future" (as in 7.5 and 8.0) upgrades? So does getting 7.0 count as one of the upgrades or not? If it doesn't then I see how it makes sense.

Guest DIMINISHED

IF you are buying as a new customer,you still have to pay the list price which is somewhere between

US $1000 to $1200.and if you are upgrading from samp6 you still paying from $399 TO $499 DEPENDING ON WHAT previous versions you have paid earlier(mind you,v6 wasn't free you know).

SO,when some one upgrades,that means they are continueing to pay the difference and it all boils down to,pay and pay at the end of the day.

so,i'll leave it to you the smart ones to figure it out,the section of the math and the ins and outs of it.

IMO,fully paid buyers should also get priority and benefits as anyone else would. if there is any to be considered,since they pay the full price in advance.

nothing is hard to figure in this issue,but there would be if, there is a prefference between a renter or buyer or vice o versa.

Guest DIMINISHED

IMHO.RENTAL IS a bad idea for the consumer.

IF RENTAL picks up,we will be in this version for a long time,it will become more like a

food chain to drag it as much as possible for the more cash flow.

IF i was the owner of a company and i am renting my product,i would naturaly want to see it drag as much as it would,hence i would not care to develop any new ideas or whatsover untill i see i have to.i dont mean anything bad about samplitude,i love the product and the developers and what have you and appriciate their engineering.but i do not see any benefit in such an industry like pro audio to benefit from renting as a consumer.its my honest opinion and with all do respect to samplitude and the guys without a doubt.and i think samplitude is the best multitrack on the globe.thats why i would like to see the company and the consumer both benefit from this graet software.not just one side,otherwise it will be a short lived dream come true,for both.

SO,i hope we see samplitude recognized more and more and not become like mcdonalds chain.

but to see the company doing good financialy by producing pro products and to see the consumer buy it for what it delevers.

Personally, I'm very happy to have choosen Samplitude Professional 7 with the Sam for Rent...

1) Instead of paying 999€ in one time, I pay 40€/month, a price cheaper than my internet cable connection (59€/month) for using a soft that is probably the best audiosoft in the market without any prices considerations...

2) During my Sam for Rent contract, I will always get the last up to date releases of this soft. If PCs hardwares moves, Samplitude will move accordingly, and never will be obsolete.

3) I save 900€ of normally charged upgrades in the Sam for Rent contract period

So I think Sam for Rent is a very good idea for the customer

Say I rent SAM for 25 months and feel happy with the product as it is, with no need for upgrades...could I keep it as it is or would I be left with nothing in my hands after 25 months..?

Say I rent SAM for 25 months and feel happy with the product as it is, with no need for upgrades...could I keep it as it is or would I be left with nothing in my hands after 25 months..?

After 25 months you can buy it (I don´t know how much the the buy-out price will be) or agree to a new 25 month rental. If you don’t wish to extend the contract or purchase a license outright, you must return the software and documentation to MAGIX AG. It´s a rent modell, not a payment by instalments.

All details are here: http://www.samplitude.com/de/sfr4.htm

The main advantages of SfR are:

- you don´t have to pay the full price (or the crossgrade price) now

- all updates in the rental period are free (one update in every year is planned, wich is not free for others - normal update - Samplitude users)

regards

Norman