SAC 2.2 HELP

Guest mmddyy

<_< I have just hooked up my brand new SAC to my Samp 2496 6.0 (yeah, not upgrading until I find out what's up) - SCRUB is a joke! Indicators light/fail to light. No documentation on how to set/retrieve markers, channel strip mode (the BEST thing about the SAC) doesn't seem to be supported.

The worst is the scrub - I mean, if that doesn't work, why bother.

Is it Samp? Is is SAC? Is it me?

Help, anyone?

Oh, also, although SMPTE is displaying in my transport section on the screen, the locator is also not tracking it (all zeros) on the SAC

The SAC is a nicely designed unit - but it's only as good as its implementation.

HELP????!!! $*#&

Be sure to get the updated SAC ControlPanel 1.2 from the

Samplitude site, this especially fixes some problems with

the wheel and newer firmware versions.

Markers are stored with Shift+function key and recalled just

with the keys.

The SMPTE display is connected to the opened time display

window.

Regards,

Volker

It seems to me that if Samplitude does not support the SAC 'channel strips' functionality, then the implementation is not thorough enough to merit using the SAC - when I use a real mixer, I can adjust, say, all of the EQ knobs together on a particular channel - this is the normal, efficient way of doing it. Without channel strips mode, I must essentially bank-switch between high/mid-hi/mid-lo and lo - this is terribly innefficient and means I've got to either say goodbye to SAC or Samplitude. Does anyone know if the samplitude support for Mackie control is more extensive? The SAC is brilliantly designed - alas, it is only as good as the implementation - and though I LOVE samplitude, from what I can see - the implementation is pathetically under-done.

Will the download you speak of work for 6.0? If so, where is it exactly?

Thanks.

It's in the website in the download section. And yes, it's also for versions 6.0x.

Channel strip mode is one of the next features in v7 to be implemented for

Mackie Control and should this way also work with the SAC2k Mackie

emulation.

Regards,

Volker

Guest mmddyy

How can I download it if I can't get into the downloads section unless I'm a registered 7.0 user. Catch 22.

I hope support for the SAC will keep pace with the Mackie. I know that the Mackie's are selling more right now, but I happen to think the SAC's a better unit.

Any timeline on when I might expect channel strips to be up?

Also, time does NOT display in the locator window even though I've got SMPTE on my transport controls - will the new control panel fix that or is there some other sort of problem?

Thanks.

Guest Volker

>How can I download it if I can't get into the downloads section unless I'm a registered 7.0 user. Catch 22.

No, I was talking about the download section on the website:

http://www.samplitude.com/de/dwnloads.htm

>I hope support for the SAC will keep pace with the Mackie. I know that the Mackie's are selling more right >now, but I happen to think the SAC's a better unit.

At least they've got a very configurable firmware.

>Any timeline on when I might expect channel strips to be up?

It's under construction, but probably won't meet 7.1.

>Also, time does NOT display in the locator window even though I've got

>SMPTE on my transport controls - will the new control panel fix that or is

>there some other sort of problem?

Did you open the time window? I'm not talking about transport control.

Regards,

Volker