Room Simulator

Guest SoundsLike

Guest SoundsLike

Is there any chance of seeing the Room Sim available as a VST Plugin? As there is no other option for pro convolution, will we ever see this available?

Shawn

Guest Norman

The room simulator uses special Samplitude built in technics for low CPU usage + low latency and allows parameter changes during plyback without crackles and drop outs. It´s not possible, to transfer this performance to a VST plugin.

regards

Norman

Guest SoundsLike

Couldn't this code that enables it be wrapped with the plugin? Like, change the addressing to internal points. Also, I know that VST allows automation, so the smoothing of the automation and paremeter shifts can be done. Ask Universal Audio, their RealVerb automates flawlessly without crackles and pops. Not to tell you your business, but putting in the work to make the Room Simulator work as a VST plugin would definately be worth your efforts. The basic code is there, just figure out a way to do it, and you have a goldmine sitting there. I gurantee that most, if not all, people using say, Nuendo would buy such a plugin, but would not want to switch to Samplitude at this point. Just some thoughts.

Shawn

Some personnal views from a user (me): I see that Sonic Foundry has made their Acoustic Mirror (currently inferior to the Room Simulator but it may changes) released only with Sound Forge and no more as a single DX plugin like it was in the past...

I think Nuendo's users could have an interest in checking the Samp demo, for testing if this soft gives them something or not...

I also think that the SFR, with free upgrades makes Samplitude Professional affordable for every pros and passionates...

Regards,

Grok

Guest SoundsLike

I just think that since there is no alternative for professional convolution on the PC platform, Magix could make a killing with very little work, comparitively. I don't think many people would be willing to switch platforms just to use this, but they may very well pay $250 dollars to do so. Yes, SFR is a very good deal, but the issue is being able to integrate into the system one already uses. I don't think anyone wants to switch completely just to use one effect.

Just my 2 cents, hope all is well with you.

Shawn

Seen from your point of view, you're certainly right...

Seen from my user point of view, I only could say one thing: check it! Try it! (Samplitude) <_<:(:)

Then you'll understand how Samplitude's users have not choosen this soft for just one outstanding feature (like the Room Simulator) but for the bunch of outstanding features this soft has!

With the outstanding sound quality and outstanding powerfull coding summarizing all (>>> better sound and better CPU & hard drives access >>> more power with the same hardware >>> a lot of outstanding premium tools included -all the essentials tools for sound works and much more- >>> quickness and efficacity of the ergonomy >>> I stop there, check it by yourself coz you're interested in sound and music)...

Cheers,

Grok