Samplitude Midi (again)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm using Cubase VST5 at the moment, and wanted to upgrade to SX, but it seems to have a lot of problems. So everyone is talking about Samplitude now, and I tried the demo. Very powerful for audio sequencing and editing, but rather limited in the midi department. My question: will Samplitude continue like this, with limited midi, or are we going to see more midi-sequencing features in the future?

Guest Norman
or are we going to see more midi-sequencing features in the future?

Sampliutude was always a program with special and enhanced audio features, but our users want to see more MIDI sequencing features, so we are going to see more MIDI sequencing features in the future.

regards

Norman

Guest robin

My opinion is that relatively little needs to be done in the area of MIDI to make Samplitude very usable indeed. But that "little" should be done ASAP, likely in terms of a step release (7.2). Because this shouldn't be a barrier to people using Samplitude and having their life change for the better! <_<

1. Objects should open directly into the MIDI piano roll editor and not into the current intermediary dialogue, the contents of which should be accessed from a menu, since they are more configuration than anything else.

2. Provide a panel below the keyboard note editor to track MIDI controller info (default to volume) for quick editing of the curve. See FruityLoops or Sonar for a similar implementation. Or maybe allow multiple colour-coded curves at a time?

As a bonus:

3. Vertical zoom to go with the horizontal.

4. As a bonus, toggle the display to a Drum Grid Editor that would allow defining a region as a pattern and painting with it.

Do 1. & 2. and I will love Samplitude MIDI!

Guest Norman
Do 1. & 2. and I will love Samplitude MIDI!

OK, No. 1 is already included. Just select "Open MIDI Editor with double click" in the MIDI Editors Options menu. No. 2 works only direct in the tracks (MIDI controller curves). Support inside the MIDI editor needs a little more time. But don´t worry, I know, improved MIDI support is a very important point for our users. We will do our best.

regards

Norman