Features

Guest Dali

Hello!

I'm Nuendo user, but I definately like Samplitude and would like to use it. I have a few questions whicj are vital for my work:

1. Can I change tempo in song. Is there tampo changes in samplitude ?

2. Can I save ONLY selected mixer chanals to hard drive and load it in other song. Not whole mixer, only desired chanels?

3. Is there some sort of disk cleanup to erase unused data on harddrive?

4. Why there's sound interuption when presing rec during playback?

5. Is there an option to turn of Apply window after recoord and allow playback to play further?

6. Can I hide desired tracks in mixer or in multitrack window? It's stupid to have 12 aditional chanels on multitrack window only cause Battery VST instrument has 12 outputs. Can I hide desired chanels in mixer?

7. Why there's still a delay, changing volume or any other parameter, before actions take place in ASIO mode. I can hear a noticable delay when I do volume change or EQ change or anything. I'ts hard to work when action are not instant. This doesnt happen in Nuendo in ASIO mode, not eaven in SAW in MMC mode.

8. Why can't I Monitor and Play VSTi without switching midi REC button? I can do easily Nuendo. I can not test drums in Battery by pressing on pad and then listening to a track without presing a midi REC key.

9. Is there any chance to build VST System Link in Samplitude. Sam7 + Cubase will be a winner, but not with full dropout MTC or smpte sync.

WE need tight sync!

10. Can I use Waves plugins in VST mode?

11. What is better DX or VST? I heard DX don't report latency to the host. I might be wrong, but please tell me which is better with SAM7 and why?

Don't get me wrong. I don't try to promote Nuendo here. I love Samplitude and think it's way better in audio.

I'm looking forward for your answers

Best Regards,

Dali

Guest Volker

Some short answers:

>1. Can I change tempo in song. Is there tampo changes in samplitude ?

Not yet.

>2. Can I save ONLY selected mixer chanals to hard drive and load it in other song. Not whole mixer, only >desired chanels?

No, but planned.

>3. Is there some sort of disk cleanup to erase unused data on harddrive?

Yes, there's a remove unused samples function.

>4. Why there's sound interuption when presing rec during playback?

>

>5. Is there an option to turn of Apply window after recoord and allow playback to play further?

Use the punchin record mode for these tasks.

>6. Can I hide desired tracks in mixer or in multitrack window? It's stupid to have 12 aditional chanels on >multitrack window only cause Battery VST instrument has 12 outputs. Can I hide desired chanels in mixer?

Version 7.1 allows to make tracks very small in the arranger. But not in the mixer.

>7. Why there's still a delay, changing volume or any other parameter, before actions take place in ASIO >mode. I can hear a noticable delay when I do volume change or EQ change or anything. I'ts hard to work >when action are not instant. This doesnt happen in Nuendo in ASIO mode, not eaven in SAW in MMC mode.

You can change the latency with the buffer settings in the system dialog.

>8. Why can't I Monitor and Play VSTi without switching midi REC button? I can do easily Nuendo. I can not >test drums in Battery by pressing on pad and then listening to a track without presing a midi REC key.

This is due to technical reasons and under construction.

>9. Is there any chance to build VST System Link in Samplitude. Sam7 + Cubase will be a winner, but not >with full dropout MTC or smpte sync.

>WE need tight sync!

If Pinnacle decides to share the specification...

>10. Can I use Waves plugins in VST mode?

Currently not, but we're working with Waves to allow this.

>11. What is better DX or VST? I heard DX don't report latency to the host. I might be wrong, but please tell >me which is better with SAM7 and why?

There's a new DirectX interface for reporting latencies now (with Samplitude being the first

host to support it). I hope the manufacturers of concerned plugins (with latency) will add this

soon and I guess the other hosts follow as well. But latency compensation already is usable

with current DirectX plugins (like Waves mastering plugins).

Samplitude 7.1 will support VST automation in tracks, hence these might be better to use.

On the other hand there's still no direct VST support in the object editor. Apart from this

there's no difference regarding sound quality and only a small one regarding performance.

Regards,

Volker

Guest Volker

Some addendum to point 1:

I've told that tempo maps aren't present in Samplitude at all, which is

only partially correct: Samplitude imports MIDI files correctly including

all their tempo changes. It just maps all events as if played with one

tempo only. This way audio and MIDI should align and play back all right.

Just make sure you don't edit and overwrite these MIDI files, since you

would get such a "straightened" MIDI file as result.

Regards,

Volker