7.1 VSTi issues is it normal ?

Guest djerikgo

Guest djerikgo

hi,

it's been a while since i tested 7.0 demo with VStis and at that time it was only the beginning and there were a lot of little annoying issues.

Yesterday, a friend of mine brought his laptop dell with SAM7 7.1 so i jumped on the occasion to test all my VSTis because he's not involved in the midi or VSTi stuff with his machine.

First i must say , congratulation to samplitude crew ! the new functions are amazing and i think i have found my next software acquisition ! BUT there's a but....!1

I still have some annoying issues with VSTIs and Midi :

1/ there is still a strange behaviour with Fruityloops FLstudio4 with start and stop: it never starts with no sound then the start click but with the end of what you played before then the click and then the real start of the flstudio song.

very uncomfortable with this behaviour !!

2/ In general it seems there are odd behaviours between VSTis, Midi input and Asio card(RME digiface and Multiface also) : when i select a vsti on a midi track i always have to push / unpush mute button on the track to have the sound of the vsti back. And sometimes it even doesn't work and i have to go to option and open the RME control panel to learn the digiface that the project is in 48 khz. (the digiface is in master mode and i don't have this communication problem with other programs).

If i close the vsti on the track and put a new one this is the same problem, i have to push the mute button or track's rec button or go to rme panel.

this is very time consuming !!

3/ Z3Ta+ doesn't work (no sound)

4/ Problem with Motif Yamaha USB driver: whenever i choose to use my motif Yamaha as input keyboard via USB in sam7 it doesn't release the driver when i close sam7 and the usb midi input used precedently in sam7 is not anymore usable by other software ; it says " midi input already in use " although it is not.

I have to restart the computer to cure this (i've checked also in windows task manager and no tasks uses this midi input).

I heard that yamaha usb drivers are not really good but this behaviour occurs only with SAM7.

So i cannot use my motif6 via usb midi but via normal RME midi !!

5/VSTis again : the punch in midi works sometimes, sometimes not. Ihave to redo 2 or 3 times to make it work

6/ A question : what is - option/system audio/ asio set up/ highest program priority for ???

sorry for that kind of inventory but my friend leave tomorrow with the 7.1 so i had to check all that before he leaves.

If programmers or 7.1 users can enlight me on those little issues, that would be very nice because maybe it is not only the fault of sam7.

the test set up was : dell 8500 inspiron 1Go tested ram PIV 2.2 windows XP SP1

thanks

Guest djerikgo

strange why my accurate questions on accurate issues don't find an answer !!

it is not a big deal to say if those issues are at the moment not fixed

thanks

Guest Volker

I didn't drop by for some time now, here some short answers:

1. I didn't test FL4 yet, 3.6 was quite workable with a short count-in.

2. I didn't experience this before, I'll have to look if this is an 48 kHz issue.

3. I neither couldn't get this one to work yet.

4. I guess I've found a similar problem recently, maybe this can be solved

soon.

5. Sorry, no personal experience here yet. If there's an issue here, this sure will be

solved with the issue of monitoring and playback the same VSTi at the same time

(scheduled for 7.2).

6. It increases the priority of Samplitude to possibly gain some better ASIO performance

on some systems. Usually you should leave this unchecked, since it also may result in some

general system stability problems.

Regards,

Volker

Guest guest2

yikes! z3ta+ won't work in samp?? Now that's a showstopper! Why all these problems with the vstis? I am looking closely at samp for a daw, but those non-audio issues (midi etc) seem to be a problem here.

Guest Guest

yep, this stuff is brand new to samplitude, though. they have come a long way in a short time with the midi stuff... they will get it together...

Guest djerikgo

Thanks Volker for those honest answers ! this gives me confidence for buying SAM7, seeing those little issues (but important for me) are being tracked by the developpers and soon fixed.

Guest Volker

>>>yikes! z3ta+ won't work in samp??

>>Now it does.

>Hm, sometimes at least...

No, it really seems to work now, I just introduced

another bug on Friday while trying to fix this VSTi, hence it

didn't seem to work continuously. z3ta+ just depends on

being supplied with audio input buffers which Samplitude

didn't give him before... the fix will be part of 7.11 (and the

new demo version, which now finally should arrive with this

version).

Regards,