Pops and crackles using MOTU 24i PCI 324

Guest twscrb

Guest twscrb

I'm using Samplitude Producer 2496 v 6.0 with Windows XP and a MOTU 24i interface. I'm receiving pops and crackles sometimes when I'm recording but mainly on playback. I'm just testing with one track right now. I've searched the forum but can't find the answer.In Samplitude my buffers are: VIP-8000, Ram-4000, HD-8000, Test-8000, Buffer#-5, Record-16384. My Internal resolution is 32 and my device resolution is 24 and in the PCI 324 console my sample rate is 44100 and buffer is set to 128. We've got 1 gb of DDR ram in this machine with a Gigabyte mother board with the Intel chipset and the processor is an Intel P4 2.53 Northwood.

What am I missing here??

Guest Guest
I'm using Samplitude Producer 2496 v 6.0 with Windows XP and a MOTU 24i interface. I'm receiving pops and crackles sometimes when I'm recording but mainly on playback. I'm just testing with one track right now. I've searched the forum but can't find the answer.In Samplitude my buffers are: VIP-8000, Ram-4000, HD-8000, Test-8000, Buffer#-5, Record-16384. My Internal resolution is 32 and my device resolution is 24 and in the PCI 324 console my sample rate is 44100 and buffer is set to 128. We've got 1 gb of DDR ram in this machine with a Gigabyte mother board with the Intel chipset and the processor is an Intel P4 2.53 Northwood.

What am I missing here??

Lower the vip and record buffers, and the amount of buffers. Increas the samples on the MOTU and see what happens...

Ed

Guest twscrb

Problem solved!!

The MOTU PCI 324 card was sharing an IRQ with my onboard NIC.

1. Turned off onboard NIC in BIOS.

2. Uninstalled PCI 324 software.

3. Shutdown machine and remove card.

4. Restart machine and install PCI 324 software.

5. Shutdown machine and reinstall card.

Guest Kaiser

MOTU, only yesterday told me that there are "issues" with the 324 card, and that the 424 works flawlessly.

I had trouble with the 324 as well, and as a result went to another card. The MOTU is the best, so I hope that the 424 is the answer.

Kaiser

• 3 weeks later...