Limited undue?

Guest SamFan

Guest SamFan

THere seems to be only about 8 or so steps of undue. Is this correct? Not sure if it's 8 but seems like not too many. Also I was told I have to shut off all the plugs when overdubbing or I will get latency. I tracked some guitars into a full going mix and they came in WAY late on play back and visually tracking as well. THey were late. Very strange. Nuendo did that to me when I first started on it though as I recall but once I got everything all tweaked in it was fine. I'm hoping these few little things that are happening to me are just that. Tweaks I haven't gotten to yet. Any suggestions?

Guest Volker

> THere seems to be only about 8 or so steps of undue. Is this correct? Not sure if it's 8 but seems like not >too many.

You can adkjust the number of undo steps (up to 100) in the system settings.

Default is 10.

>Also I was told I have to shut off all the plugs when overdubbing or I will get latency.

Don't know which plugins you're using, with VST plugins or other plugins with working

plugin compensation this has no influence.

Regards,

Volker

Guest SamFan

Fantstic. Thanks for that. :>>) I''ll make the adjustments and let you know how I do as I go. I'm now haeing a hard time getting my UAD 1 powered plug ins to laod back into Sam after I did an unistall and updated them. I had to do it that way as I beta test for them and so,,,,,,, Thanks,, :>) Love your software. I think it's the best of all of them.. :>) I'm spreading the word.

Guest SamFan

Sam sounds so much better then any other software I've heard. It blows me away. The kick and snare hit me in the chest like they should now. Many producer friends say there is no way I can hear a difference but I hear a huge difference. I can also feel the difference. Sam sounds and feels more like a board. My mixes are Punchy as anything I've ever done or heard. Nuendo coudn't touch that. It sounded like poop. And I was on it 3 years. Sam sounds tight and punchy like a board. I love it. Now if I could just get it to stop popping on export mix. It pops and I get some drops out when I listen back to my export mixes. It takes me a few times to export a clean one. Is there a remedy? I'm running Windows XP, Asus p4b 533-v mobo with a 2.5 chip. 1 gig kinston DDR ram. I've got a UAD 1 card in as well. Latest build with the dreamverb.