Simultaneous Midi Clock & MTC?

klangfarbe

Hello all,

I've been playing with the new Sam 7.1 demo for the last week or so, and so far I'm VERY impressed. However, there are a few issues I've come up against that are fairly serious considerations for me:

1. I'm aware from reading through this forum that there are some MIDI implementations that are currently being worked on. However, in the Synchronization setup box, I've found that when I try to set MIDI Clock output and MTC active at the same time, it doesn't seem to be possible, even if the devices are set differently; the selection of one removes the check mark from the other. In fact, of all four inputs and outputs possible, only one can be selected at a time. Is this a limitation (or bug) in the demo only, or does the full program operate this way? If so, is this something that is planned to be changed in the near future?

2. Also, I'm having much difficulty in setting up a custom hardware control. Although the program in general seems to be responding to MIDI input (I can record and play back MIDI information in a track), I cannot get the MIDI Controller setup dialog box to respond to input for the purpose of "learning" a control. It's highly likely that I'm doing something wrong here, but I wondered if this is also a limitation of the demo only?

If these two issues are easily dealt with, I'll be more than happy to deal with the current MIDI limitations in exchange for such a wonderfully usable interface.

BTW, My hardware...

Xeon 2.0 GHz

1 GB RAM

WinXP Pro (With audio tweaks)

MOTU MTP/AV Parallel

MOTU 2408 Mk II

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Cheers...

klangfarbe :angry:

Guest Volker

>Regarding point 1

>Is this a limitation (or bug) in the demo only, or does the full program operate this way? If so, is this >something that is planned to be changed in the near future?

It's also in the full version this way. No timetable yet when this will change, it's only rarely

requested.

>2. Also, I'm having much difficulty in setting up a custom hardware control.

There shouldn't be a special demo limit here. Be sure to assign a unique device here, which isn't

used by Samplitude itself.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

Although it's disappointing to hear that simultaneous MIDI Clock an MTC output isn't supported, I appreciate your quick response to my questions...that's much faster response than I've ever received from "support" of the 2 pieces of audio software that I already own!

That alone is enough to sway me over from Cu&*$e....

As far as the hardware control goes, I'm sure I'll get it figured out with a bit more tinkering...

Thank you!

klangfarbe :angry:

Guest Norman
As far as the hardware control goes, I'm sure I'll get it figured out with a bit more tinkering...

To learn an own hardware control, try the following steps:

- open the control panel ("Y" - MIDI Options - Hardware Controller Setup ...)

- choose "template" in the "controller" listbox

- choose your MIDI input/output, connected with your controller

- click checkbox "activate control"

Now you should see incoming MIDI signals in the incoming data fields. Choose a Samplitude function, to control from your external device in the "controller" area listbox and click "Learn". If the option is assigned, you need to click "Forget" before.

To see all controllable features, have a look on the Mackie control support list (www.samplitde.com - left site of the homepage).

Hardware controller support will be enhanced in the upcoming 7.2 release. Multiple controllers, more than eight faders, new controllable features ...

Good luck

Norman