force latency and compensation help ?/

Guest djerikgo

Guest djerikgo

hi,

on the current demo version, there is something i'd like to understand :

1/ In the plugins dialog box there is a plugin latency indication, and for most of the plugins i have tested , it says "0".

Does this means that the plugin has no latency or that it is compensated to "0" ?

2/ Some plugins (voxengo, sir .....) indicates a certain amount of latency in this dialog box and also at the start of the song in the left program area.

Does this mean that they are not latency compensated or that they are compensated (the indication is thus a simple information)

3/ What is the "force latency" option for ?

many thanks in advance

eric

Guest Volker

>1/ In the plugins dialog box there is a plugin latency indication, and for most of the plugins i have tested , it >says "0".

>Does this means that the plugin has no latency or that it is compensated to "0" ?

It tells, there's no latency (known).

>2/ Some plugins (voxengo, sir .....) indicates a certain amount of latency in this dialog box and also at the >start of the song in the left program area.

>Does this mean that they are not latency compensated or that they are compensated (the indication is >thus a simple information)

It's just for information.

>3/ What is the "force latency" option for ?

Some plugins have latency, but Samplitude doesn't know about it or can't measure it. Here you can manually adjust it.

Regards,

Volker