THE POINT OF SAMP 7....in a nutshell???

Guest Kori

:angry: I just got SAM for rent. where is the tempo control? I couldnt even find the word in the help file. It doesnt read my VST or DirectX.....I have and love Cubase SX, Sonar 2.2XL (which i never use) and Reason also a love of mine, though frustrating at times because its so simple.

I have been messing with Samp for 4 hours or so.... and have gotten NO WHERE!! with understanding it. Everything is difficult, looping filling a track with a loop etc....There is no intuitive usage to me. What is the software best at? Non metered music or VIDEO?

Have i made a mistake? I thought it was Cubase and more. Cubase is great! I was attracted to Sam for ease of use with CD burning, effects for vocals etc....

How would you use it with the above mentioned??????

Guest Robert

You didnt try the demo first? Gosh...

Maybe checking the registered users forum would be your first step, as im sure the question would be answered there nearly isntantly (though Ive yet the pleasure to do so)

-R :angry: bert

Guest Guest

But I DID watch the video, read reviews, forums etc....SAM for Rent can be cancelled at anytime, so no real loss of cash. But I do feel that the literature is a bit miss leading...when there is SO MUCH that it doesnt do...(unless you have Nuendo) It says i cant use certain plug-ins because i dont have Cubase SX...which i do. It reads DXi's...but not the ones i have from Sonar or Sonic Factory or Cubase SX (top 3 software). I find that confusing. SAM reads VST's.....but NOT the ones I have?????

Maybe its bugged...I dont know for the price a SOLID metronome and easy/obvious Tempo locators mean ALOT there is room on the transport.....but gosh may im too demanding.

:angry:

Guest Guest
The point of leaving SX if it's so great. . . in a nutshell?

The point of leaving Sonar if it's so great. . . in a nutshell?

Was it about LEAVING or INCORPORATING?...Was greatness mentioned?

Id say Samp is better at audio...there is no complete sequencing software Rewire and VST's make them better and better. Samp v12 is alot smoother.