Midi Playback issues

Guest ssante@earthlink.net

Greetings,

I use Samp 7.12 Pro and Sonar 2.2 and Reason 2.5. I have a Emagic Mt4 2in 4out Midi interface that uses USB. Sonar is fine with it and Reason is fine with it. Samp is not. In fact its all fine when I don't arm a Samp track. I can play my midi instrument and I can hear what I am playing. When it Armed for Midi Recording and the input/output ports are set and the correct midi channel the MT4 switches from Patch mode to USB mode like it should. However when you start recording no notes are recorded and you can't hear what you are playing. I have tried everything I can think of. The only think I can fiqure at this point is that SAMP and MT4 USB drivers don't play well. Great!

Any suggestions for a Midi Interface that WORKS with SAMP. I know I can record all my midi tracks in Sonar and convert to Wave and import into Samp. But I wanted the option to work directly in Samp use Midi and Audio both.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Guest Midiman BiPort2x4s
Greetings,

I use Samp 7.12 Pro and Sonar 2.2 and Reason 2.5. I have a Emagic Mt4 2in 4out Midi interface that uses USB. Sonar is fine with it and Reason is fine with it. Samp is not. In fact its all fine when I don't arm a Samp track. I can play my midi instrument and I can hear what I am playing. When it Armed for Midi Recording and the input/output ports are set and the correct midi channel the MT4 switches from Patch mode to USB mode like it should. However when you start recording no notes are recorded and you can't hear what you are playing. I have tried everything I can think of. The only think I can fiqure at this point is that SAMP and MT4 USB drivers don't play well. Great!

Any suggestions for a Midi Interface that WORKS with SAMP. I know I can record all my midi tracks in Sonar and convert to Wave and import into Samp. But I wanted the option to work directly in Samp use Midi and Audio both.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Have you messed with the monitoring settings at all?

Also, clicking on/off the button may help.

I use a Midiman BiPort2x4s. It works...no problemo.

Samplitude 7.12/NIAbsynth/NIBattery/Albino/CronoX/kybrdcntrlrs/WinXP

Yeah I tried all that for sure. Looks like I will get a Midiman midi interface. At least I can find one that can work without the computer having to be on or getting a powered USB hub. Something with thru capability. Thanks. :angry:

• 12 years later...

I bought a nice little MIO midi interface at Guitar Center for pretty cheap.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/iConnectivity/Mio-1x1-USB-MIDI-Interface.gc

Had to buy that for the same exact reason.

Terry

EDIT - Holy crap is this original post old!!! :-)

Didn't notice!