Simple features ???

Guest Dali

Hello.

Though I think Samplitude is best sounding software I ever heard, I still miss some basic features, which makes my life comlicated. Maybe it's just my way of work cause I'm used to Nuendo??? Please tell me how you deal with theese problems. Most of my freinds gave up for lack of theese features. I think sound is superior so I'm still fighting. Please help.

1. Folder Cleanup

Playing with Samplitude I always end up with few Gigbytes of data in song's folder. What's best way to clean up my folder and keep ONLY files used in VIP? Remove samples works only for files within VIP.

2. Prepare archive? (Name used by Steinberg)

To copy all files (from any location) in song's folder. Is this feature planed or I'm missing something?

2. Simple track bounce. No time taking options

Bouncing tracks in Sam7 is a total nightmare. Where is simple "no brain" bounce. If "pre bounced" track is (mono,stereo,16,24bit), then bounced file should be the same as original.

3. Automatic file search and option. "Use this path for all other files"

Last time I moved one test song to another hard drive I had A LOT of work with entereing path for every single file in VIP. Not to mention, all files where in same folder.

4. Multiple crossfades apply?

Is it possible to select all objects and apply same. Let's say:

1. Open Sam7 Demo multitrack project.

2. select all objects

3. How to apply crosfades to all ???

Thank you

Br,

Dali

Guest wilcofan
2. Simple track bounce. No time taking options

Bouncing tracks in Sam7 is a total nightmare.

First, options are never a nightmare in my book. If you want quick access to any type of bounce, Samplitude offers user savable presets you can name yourself. How about "no brain bounce" in your case for your file format of choice. ;-)

For the other questions I can't say yet, I'm too new and still waiting for my v7.0 free upgrade to arrive.

Guest wilcofan
1. Folder Cleanup

Playing with Samplitude I always end up with few Gigbytes of data in song's folder. What's best way to clean up my folder and keep ONLY files used in VIP? Remove samples works only for files within VIP.

2. Prepare archive? (Name used by Steinberg)

To copy all files (from any location) in song's folder. Is this feature planed or I'm missing something?

I was wading through the Sam6 manual last night and found how to do numbers 1 and 2.

The similar function to "prepare archive" in Nuendo would be the "Save CompleteVIP" in Sam6,7. You can use this to move everything the VIP needs, including audio, to a destination folder. This is slightly different than Nuendo since I believe it brings everything, not just the audio folder. Also, a step up from Nuendo's implementation, is the fact you can burn this "CompleteVIP" to a CD from Samplitude. Cool.

Now to get rid of files you don't need (I do it while I'm recording and don't let the bed bugs bite) you can use this same "Save CompleteVIP" feature to move your files needed out of your "overrun" current directory. Then go in and delete your unused files.

3. Automatic file search and option. "Use this path for all other files"

Last time I moved one test song to another hard drive I had A LOT of work with entereing path for every single file in VIP. Not to mention, all files where in same folder.

I have found Samplitude very intuitive, so I don't know why you are manually needing to find your files. Even when I move an audio file I accidentally left outside my main audio folder of a project back in with the rest (in other words, screwing with Samplitude's path) it brought it in no problem and didn't ask me for directions. This is a common theme with Samplitude for me - no directions asked.:angry:

4. Multiple crossfades apply?

Is it possible to select all objects and apply same. Let's say:

1. Open Sam7 Demo multitrack project.

2. select all objects

3. How to apply crosfades to all ???

You should really experiment with Auto-crossfades. I'm discovering there is almost never a reason to not have a cross-fade with how seamless Samplitude is with them. However, I know I was screwing around with the object editor and multiple cross-fades before. I would say this is just both user error for you and me, I'm sure you can affect multiple cross-fades at once.

Good luck,

Bob

P.S. If you are serious about leaving a program like Nuendo for another, try not to continuously compare features. Samplitude simply works and it has some very different approaches (ie. modes, not screensets or tools). I've learned 4 different DAW's (well, 3.5) and it is easier now since what I expect from them is blurred from all their great features overlapping.

The hardest was leaving Steinberg the first time for Logic. I found out after that Logic was way deeper than Nuendo or Cubase, but it took me forever to discover that. For the first few weeks, I just ranted about how it wasn't like Nuendo or Cubase.