Beat Detective for Sam?

Guest Dali

Is it just me or anyone else who would need beat detective in Sam?

If I do undestand BD correctly, it works like this: (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Detection of hitpoints (inteligent I guess, specialy for Hi Hat)

Split objects

Quantize of splited objects to grid

time stretch (to fill gaps)

crossfades

done

Sam7 already has:

good time stretch

crosfades

midi tempo and grid

strip silence

There's no such thing like Protools Beat Detective for PC. PC users will do ANYTHING for it!!!! (search other forums).

I started to think about switching from Nuendo when i heard Sam7 relatime Room simulator. I said. "WOW That is inovative. Samplitude can go high".

I do see a great marketing move here, cause PC users are dying for it

Best regards,

Dali

Guest wilcofan

Sam7 has a very good beat detection feature in a Wave Project, it will leave markers on every beat set by your threshold and parameters, but I haven't found a way to use it yet. You can't split objects by these beat markers (because it's a wave project, not actually in the VIP, hence they aren't objects).

Seems to me that splitting the objects on these newly created beat markers would be simple since, in a VIP, you can already split objects by markers. What's needed is a way to export these new markers from a Wave Project back to the VIP. What's most frustrating right now is any markers created in the VIP before opening and detecting beats show up in the wave project. The markers are going one way but not the other.

After this is sorted there would need to be a quantize objects to grid function, but even without this I could really use splitting objects by beat markers. It really can't be that far away since almost everything is in place in Sam7 already.

Sam7 has a very good beat detection feature in a Wave Project, it will leave markers on every beat set by your threshold and parameters, but I haven't found a way to use it yet. You can't split objects by these beat markers (because it's a wave project, not actually in the VIP, hence they aren't objects).

Seems to me that splitting the objects on these newly created beat markers would be simple since, in a VIP, you can already split objects by markers. What's needed is a way to export these new markers from a Wave Project back to the VIP. What's most frustrating right now is any markers created in the VIP before opening and detecting beats show up in the wave project. The markers are going one way but not the other.

After this is sorted there would need to be a quantize objects to grid function, but even without this I could really use splitting objects by beat markers. It really can't be that far away since almost everything is in place in Sam7 already.

That's what I'm saying Wilcofan. Sam7 doesn't need much more to it.

Br,

Dali