Native Instruments B4 WON'T LOAD!!!!!

Guest SamFan

Does anyone have the B4 organ installed and working and if you do how did you do it. All my other VST instruments went in fine from Steinberg folder but the B4 cannot be found in that folder and I know it's in there so I tried to bring it in from the B4 folder and then I tried installing it into the Magix folder and I have tried these things countless times and nothing yet. Please advise. :>)

Guest Jonathan

There seems to be a problem with the midi programming in Samplitude. My B4 originally did not work. Then I loaded B4 independantly, reset its settings, then loaded SAM, reset its settings. The B4 had changed my audio settings back to MME from ASIO. After trying to insert the B$, I unchecked all of my midi options, rechecked them, reset SAM and it worked. I don't really know why. I think the culprit was that I had the midi out for the metronome checked to use. Once it was turned off then back on, everything has worked just fine. I know that is not really advice, but it is how I got mine to work.

So it wasn't showing up in the VST instrument list at all and then you did this and it did? Mine shows up in the vst effects list but not the instrument list. I'll keep messing with it. Thanks...

Guest Jonathan

I actually installed it to my VST directory for Logic 5.5, set my SAM VST directory to that folder, and it picked it up. If it isn't even picking it up, then I am not sure what to tell ya. :D Let me know how it goes.

I was trying to get it from the steinberg folder. Nothing. Then I tried it from the Native instruments folder, then I tried installing it directly into the Magix folder, then i tried pasting and copiing it into the Magix folder. Nothing. IT shows up in the vst effects though. That almost makes me more mad. :>) Cause I can see it but it's in the wrong place. IT's the only thing that is keeping me from totaly going Sampl and endorsing it to people. It's a bummer.

Guest Jonathan

Hmmm. So, you are saying it isn't showing as a VSTi? That seems odd. However, I would say that since it works on mine, it shouldn't be a hang up in a decision. I am sure the SAM team will iron out any porblems personally with you. Make sure you run the VST enabler too just to make sure.

Guest Jonathan

If you have SAM pro, then it is an installed application seperate from the software. DOn't get me wrong, my b4 caused many confusing problems. I just had to trouble shoot over and over again to ge tit fixed. You will have to reload SAM when you reset the settings. Maybe a restart might be required depending on your midi situation. In any case, it can't hurt. VST-DX Adapter light is the name of the program.

Really? HUm,,, well it's good to know that it works. I have tried so many times and so many things I thought there was no way that it did. I will keep trying. Thanks. IS it better to bring it in through the skins or can you install it into Samp. I have Samp pro 7.1.2.

I got B4 in. Thanks for the inpiration. Now I can't get the midi keyboard to play it though but I'm working on it. It's not playing anything at the moment. It has worked and it will work again. Might take all night but I'll get it.

I cannot get midi to play now at all. I'm seeing input level on the the track coming in from the keyboard and when I hit the keys with the mouse I hear the B4 but,,,, when I hit the keys on the midi keyboard and see the levels jump I do not hear the b4. Or any other vsti. Bummer. It took me a little while to get it going initially months ago but not this long. It's been a while since I used it. But I've been trying all day and still nothing. Hum,,,,,, It used to work..

Guest Jonathan

This is what mine did. Now start the b4 by itself and reset its midi/audio settings. Then start SAM and check its midi/audio settings. Sometimes I can see the levels with no sound. To correct this I unclick the record button, then I click the record button. However, I am sure that just by resetting your audio and midi settings you will be fine. Make sure the ASIO driver is enabled if you are using it, andnot the MME. Like I said earlier. Once I installed the b4, I was in the same situation with no sound. Just resetting helped me. I have not had a problem since.