SAMP 7.2 needs TRUE mono OUTS!

Guest SamFan

I'm needing a few ch to be able to be routed out 1 and not 1&2 like the kick drum. Without panning it over to the left which is the only way now I can see to do it. BUt that won't work for what I'm doing so I can't do it at all. It needs to just run out in mono on out 1. Or out whatever. It just needs to have the capibility to do it on any given ch. Please make this happen. The vocal also needs this. For hardware processing. With more and more people starting to mix outside of the box this will be needed. I need it yesterday. It's limiting not having it and I'm sure will dissuade people coming to Samp. I know of one already. Please make it happen in the new version. :>)

Post it in the registered forum. Don´t think the developers listen to suggestions from non-registered users.

But your request is even now possible with the track setting mono L or mono R.

Sounds bizzar but I'll try it. Thanks. Tomorrow. :>) maybe 7.2 will haev a mono out switchon each ch? I guess nintendo does it although I don't recall. IF steinweenies can do it then well,, Samp outa be able to as well. I need it for hardware mixing.

hello, you may have tried this :

check your routing (fx button in mixer) , also u could route the track to an aux and click the mono checkbox in the auxes fx dialog....if that dont work then pan the aux.

Guest mabye so....
When you pan it the reverb follows the pan. This is the problem. I will try these suggestions but they really need to address this I should think.

But, I think you should should try all your routing possibilities...(In samplitude) Also.....the RME device.....I think you shouldn't be having this problem.

In Samplitude, the routing is not a simple thing.... but it also not there not to confuse you but it can be at times. It has very flexible routing for all possiblities....for everyone.

So...there is no real fix.

I am 99.9% sure you can set up your system the way you need for this particular session....so...once done...you may never need it again but, then again you might SO...save it as a SESSION; save the routing presets etc for the next time. (once you have acomplished the routing correctly)

:D

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't do it and it needs to. There should be a simple mono or stereo out button like in Steinberg. This is a large strike against Samplitude as far as getting people to switch over from Stienberg. They won't do it. People who mix ouside the computer are severely limited without this mono out option. And more and more people will be mixing outside the computer in the coming years. I have friends that were going to switch to Samplitude but now won't because of this mono out issue. And I don't blame them. It's very frustrating. If there is a way to do this I wish someone would share it. Norman? :>) The problem is that you can easily pan your kick over to the left and your snare to the right but then the snare only comes through the right side of the reverb which is of course unexeptable and unusable.

The solution is to pan your kick to the left and send it to aux 1, pan the snare to the right and send it to aux 2. Then, in the surround panning module of the aux 1, check 'copy L-> R', and for the aux 2 check 'R->L' . So you can put your reverb of your kick in aux 1 and for the snare in aux 2. Each one is stereo but still goes to a mono out before the effect. :D

Guest mono a mono

Samp dev is aware of that particular problem, I believe patch 7.1 works with mono panning as you want, patches after that didn't for some reason, so was not intentional. But, if u have 7.1 (mabye 7.0?) it WILL work.

OR, wait till 7.2?

Really? So 7.1.2 is the only one that won't do it? I can go back to 7.1. And I'm going to be going up to 7.2 but if your telling me 7.2 or 7.1 will do this I am VERY happy. I'm going to try this wacky aux thing first and then if that doesn't work I'll install 7.1. Thanks for your help. :>)

Guest gooberman
Really? So 7.1.2 is the only one that won't do it? I can go back to 7.1. And I'm going to be going up to 7.2 but if your telling me 7.2 or 7.1 will do this I am VERY happy. I'm going to try this wacky aux thing first and then if that doesn't work I'll install 7.1. Thanks for your help. :>)

that wacky aux thing may work for you, but,....dont you have to route the track "out" to hardware? and back into Samp? via an analog/digital out >hardware >back into Samp to a track?

This is where 7.1 brings the mono track back in on (ex: 1+2 in) but "centered" mono where 7.12 brings it in on left or right.......

I'm pretty sure this is what your refering to......theres a topic about this on the reg forum....but yu gota du a search for it.

No I'm mixing through 16 stems and through 16 Mytek D/A converters and then into a patchbay where they can be routed through outboard gear and then the whole mix goes stereo analog into my Cranesong Hedd and then coming spdif in and printing the mix back into samp. It's a KILLER set up and the only thing tripping me up is that fact that this mono out thing doesn't work. I'm going to throw 7.1 up and see wha that does. I didn't notice any difference in performance that I can remeber anyway from 7.1 to 7.1.2 so I should be rolling. I cannot wait for 7.2 though. I'm getting it as soon as it's out.

Yikes! I just went into suround mode. I'm mixing through 16 stems. NOT the stereo buss. That's the whole point here. To avoid the stereo buss and mix analog. This suround mode I don't think is the answer unless I'm doing it wrong which I would say is Highly likely since I have never even seen this mode before. But when I hit play it says please use different device and won't play. Cause it's trying to play through outs that aren't routed and won't be routed cause I'm running out 1-16 out or 1-8 stereo actually.