Where is 7.2?

Guest HP

Yeah, I'm really waiting to see what they've done midi wise. i'm really hoping to jump from logic to samplitude. the audio handling is much better in samplitude - but midi pre 7.2 is really bad. on the other hand, the idea have never been to construct a full blown sequenzer, more of a mastering program i guess.

c

Sounds cool :D I'm sort of split between getting a mac and logic 6, sticking with pc and logic 5.5 or sticking with pc and getting samplitude 7.2. Most tempting is logic on mac or maybe samplitude 7.2, depending on the midi upgrade.

Actually I don't think they'll manage to make anything that can make it a logic substitute, since not even steinberg does (just look of how they handle drum programming compared to logic). But one can hope, as they are lightyears in front on audio.

chris

Guest SampleHans

I´ve seen a 7.2 public beta some days ago. It´s not Logic yet, but has big improvements on the midi site and a lot of clever details in the new midi editor. Some gaps are still there (no midi overdub recording?), but it´s a free update!

If they go further with this development speed (rumours say, they have hired new midi developers only 3 months ago - we see the first results soon), I´am sure next year it´s more than a substitute. Time will tell.