bounce with effects

olafmol

Hello,

i am trying out the sam 7.2 demo, but due to it's restrictions i am wondering about the following things:

* how easy is it to bounce a midi-object that triggers a VSTi to an audio-object, *including* the realtime effects *and* f.e. a very long reverb tail....will this effect-tail also be rendered into the new object? same for audio objects with effects on them

* is there automatic latency compensation when routing a track outwards into an external effect-unit and the audio from the effect-unit back into samplitude again? afaik ASIO drivers also report their latencies to the host so this should be possible isn't it?

* can i use aux-sends to external hardware? (this has to do with the question above)

thanks!

Olaf

* how easy is it to bounce a midi-object that triggers a VSTi to an audio-object, *including* the realtime effects *and* f.e. a very long reverb tail....will this effect-tail also be rendered into the new object? same for audio objects with effects on them

Easy. There are so many options to bounce. Only object, only track, with or without effects, freeze, bus freeze ...

Just set the range, wich includes the reverb tail, select the track and bounce this range - with or without replacing the object.

is there automatic latency compensation when routing a track outwards into an external effect-unit and the audio from the effect-unit back into samplitude again? afaik ASIO drivers also report their latencies to the host so this should be possible isn't it?

It isn´t. No native audio software has a automatic latency compensation for external outputs in the moment.

can i use aux-sends to external hardware? (this has to do with the question above)

Sure, you only have to send the aux bus out to your device and route it back to another Samplitude track/bus and enabled live input monitoring. Works only with ASIO software monitoring.

Latency compensation for your send tracks: Freeze the bus in the final mixdown and move the new objects in this aux bus forward to the measured latency. Define a step width for your latency (in samples) and you can move all objects with a shortcut.