MIDI, transport, & objects

Guest Guest_guest

Guest Guest_guest

Hi, I'm considering purchasing Nuendo or Samplitude, and I would be grateful if any of you could answer.

I read that Samplitude has only one MIDI playback track. Is Samplitude not a sequencer? How many rec/edit MIDI tracks?

I might get a Mackie controller, and Nuendo has not had XT support and might not have it at all. The new plug-in controller coming soon looks real good, too. But for Samplitude, I notice you must press play twice to stop at current timeline postition. Stop button returns to start of project. Any way to change this configuration?

Object editing seems extremely powerful. What is the minimum and maximum object size within a track?

I read that Samplitude has only one MIDI playback track. Is Samplitude not a sequencer? How many rec/edit MIDI tracks?

Classic version comes only with one playback track, professional version has unlimited midi tracks and midi objects. Every track can have midi and audio objects. You can check it in the current 7.2 demo. But to be honest, Samplitude is not a full midi sequencer (yet). We miss some important things (e.g. special drum editor), but will close the gaps soon.

But for Samplitude, I notice you must press play twice to stop at current timeline postition. Stop button returns to start of project. Any way to change this configuration?

Space key stops and returns to playstart. The "," on the numpad stops at current position. Maybe you have to turn on your numpad before.

You can see all play and stop commands in the Playback/Record menu. It´s possible, to assign individual shortcuts to all commands.

regards

Norman

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, I was confused because I read this on the MIDI page of Samplitude Pro description:

"Samplitude professional/Sequoia allow direct recording or importing of Midi files. The data is then presented corresponding to the audio material as objects in the VIP tracks (only one Midi playback track in Samplitude)."

About the transport: can I reassign transport commands from the Mackie controller as well as a standard keyboard, or just the keyboard?

"Samplitude professional/Sequoia allow direct recording or importing of Midi files. The data is then presented corresponding to the audio material as objects in the VIP tracks (only one Midi playback track in Samplitude)."

Seems like a description mistake.

About the transport: can I reassign transport commands from the Mackie controller as well as a standard keyboard, or just the keyboard?

The Mackie Control support in Samplitude allows two stop command:

- Play/Stop at current position (play button on MC)

- Stop with jump back to start position (stop button on MC)

Pressed stop with MC scrub wheel draws a range from current position (back and for).

regards

Norman