Samplitude marketing

Guest Dan Smith

Guest Dan Smith

I used to post over at news.sekd, but since that forum got shut down I've been kind of like a ship without a rudder. I'm glad to finally find this forum!

In the meantime, I've been watching closely for the gigantic media push that was promised for Samplitude. I get several guitar magazines, as well as Bass Player, Home Recording, Electronic Musician, and numerous Music store catalogs and I've not seen one ad or article yet!

So what happened?

I see ads all the time. Mix, EM.  :rolleyes:

I just subscribed to EM, but saw no ads for Samp in my first issue.

I've seen NO ads and NO articles in ANY of the other mags I mentioned - and Samp is NOT listed in any music store catalogs I receive (Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, American Musical Supply, L.A. Music... etc.). I recently received a two catalog, over 3000 page, B&H Professional Audio Source Book - and there's no Samp in it!

Home Recording recently ran a five part feature on the best home recording software - Pro Tools, Cubase & Nuendo, Logic, Sonar, and Digital Performer - but no Samplitude. I wrote them a letter asking "What about Samp?" but got no response. I let my subscription lapse.

My point is that - apart from forums like these - the average recording musician out there is not made aware of Samp's existence. That, is bad marketing!

I think I could do better - I mean what's so hard about it? You prepare an ad campaign, make a few phone calls to get your product in the big catalog stores, send out free copies to magazines, it shouldn't be that hard - especially when you have a product as good as Samp!

Dan

I got the latest EM last week and Samplitude was voted their #1 digital editor of the year. There was a glowing review about samplitude in the same issue and there was a samplitude ad in that same issue.

I see them in mix from time to time but I agree that it's not a highly visible product like motu who has the back cover of every music mag I get.

Yea,

I can't remember where I saw Samplitude first years ago, I got a demo (Honer Media) and then some SEKD demo's, I did get alot of info, promotional advertisements over the years via mail once I was on thier mailing list. And eventually made my purchase.

But, Samplitude has been, (in usa anyway) a sleeper program. Most who had a bit of interest where turned away from the "illusion" of it being too complicated.

As compared to what was on the market in the local music store. (back then)

But, it took years of developement and it is official,....Samplitude is definately becoming the "BUZZ" in the industry now!!

How do you get on their mailing list?

They should have my address - since my 6.0 upgrade came through the mail - but I've never received any mail from Magix (and I'd like to!).

That was when they were distributed by SEKD.COM, they had some pretty interesting fliers, mailers, brochures...etc. I have alot of this stuff. It's from Samplitude (v3??) v4-v5....and ...mabye some v6, mabye it will be worth something someday.

Purchasing a Sekd Audio card back then, allways came with mega brochures, Samplitude Demos cd's....(Samplitude Basic)

I haven't gotten anything since wayyyy.... back though. Don't think they have a mailing list now. Distributors changed.

I do get Magix newsletters and promotional emails now but no real paper.

I would love to be able to work on......... :rolleyes: something.....if only I knew how to program. :huh:

How many years of schooling (for programming) would it take to be able compile code for a program such as Samp?? (Not to design it, just to assist in it's developement) Cuz, I am looking for a school now to go to. Just not sure what field yet (computer language, graphics...don't know yet)

Guest Tom Sailor

:rolleyes:Home Recording recently ran a five part feature on the best home recording software - Pro Tools, Cubase & Nuendo, Logic, Sonar, and Digital Performer - but no Samplitude. I wrote them a letter asking "What about Samp?" but got no response. I let my subscription lapse.

That is why they are out of business since October...

We have been running ads in Mix, Electronic Musician, Keyboard and EQ all year long...Unfortunetely, guitar mags don't review or do much for the DAW market as of yet...

I've seen NO ads and NO articles in ANY of the other mags I mentioned - and Samp is NOT listed in any music store catalogs I receive (Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, American Musical Supply, L.A. Music... etc.). I recently received a two catalog, over 3000 page, B&H Professional Audio Source Book - and there's no Samp in it!

You will in 2004!!! Many of them have recently signed on as Dealers. You have to remember, Samplitude was considered almost dead last year...it takes time to heal those wounds of the previous distribution.

:rolleyes:Home Recording recently ran a five part feature on the best home recording software - Pro Tools, Cubase & Nuendo, Logic, Sonar, and Digital Performer - but no Samplitude. I wrote them a letter asking "What about Samp?" but got no response. I let my subscription lapse.

That is why they are out of business since October...

We have been running ads in Mix, Electronic Musician, Keyboard and EQ all year long...Unfortunetely, guitar mags don't review or do much for the DAW market as of yet...

You will in 2004!!!  Many of them have recently signed on as Dealers.  You have to remember, Samplitude was considered almost dead last year...it takes time to heal those wounds of the previous distribution.

Great!

Sounds like 2004 is our year then huh Tom?

I'll be looking forward to seeing Samp taking it's rightful place on top of the heap of Pro recording software!

Guest KRstudio

Sweetwater sells Sam and one of the salesman says he was a developer when he and Sam were still at Sek'd . Sweetwater sells AND pushes Sam as a stable and effective platform. Hope more are catching on!