Metronome timing issues with VSTi's?

Guest Martin

Has anyone noticed this problem? Try this- Setup a midi track with a VSTi and metronome click.Give it a precount recording measure of 1. Record 4 bars along with the click and quantize in the mid editor. Now try to overdub onto the same track with the click enabled. Is the click out of time with the recorded midi track? It seems to be happening here.

Regards

Martin

Ok here's an update on this "problem" . According to the SAM online help :

" Monitoring must be deactivated while playing back (recorded) MIDI data (switch the REC buttons off). As a track cannot be used for MIDI data recording and playback simultaneously, you can use several tracks for Overdub recordings for MIDI devices. i.e. Record each Overdub on a new track, and in a separate MIDI object which then sends them all to the same plug-in"

I guess that must be the reason for the timing problems I mentioned as I hadn't followed this procedure (this is bad news :rolleyes: as Logic allows me to overdub on the same track whilst monitoring the previously recorded pass). BUT when I try to record an overdub using the next track routed to the same VSTi as suggested (I have the record enabled and the blue speaker icon selected for that track) I am unable to hear what I am playing :huh: (although the horizontal meter responds to the midi input). Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

Martin

OK well here's another update on the situation in case anyone's interested ( I seem to be talking to myself but nevermind :rolleyes: ) I managed to get the monitoring working on the second overdub track but the metronome is still out of sync with the rest of the track when i press record (playback with metronome is fine). Conclusion : overdubbing using the same VSTi seems to be impossible at this moment in time.

Seasons Greetings

Martin