Pitchbending in Samplitude

Guest Decurtins

Guest Decurtins

Can't remember where i read, that in samplitude (I do understand that its 7.2) one can not edit the PitchBend midicontroller as a curve?

This realy would change my mind on Samplitude (until now I thought: wow, Logic 6 and even more for the PC).

And since midi and VSTis are the way of the day to create music, this would disqualifie Samplitude as an upcoming DAW.... therefore I wouldn't buy it....(But I really really wanna!!!)

SO PLEASE TELL ME THIS AIN'T TRUE; I've allready read enough negative stuff about the midi editor....

Guest carmen

if pitch manipulations are of utmost importance to your technique right now, check out melodyne, you can use it in any vst host realtime via the 'melodyne bridge' plugin. samplitudes realtime pitch manipulations are already well ahead of anything besides ableton live, which specializes almost exclusively in such features. i tried nuendo to discover that its pitch shifting is an offline process, when using the mpex alrogithm and a long high resolution track, this can take several minutes!

in samplitude just select the object by double clicking, then click where youd like the pitch to change, and the move the mouse over the pitch button in the object inspector, and move the scroll wheel.. each scroll wheel nudge is a semitone. you can then do each bar, beat, whatever as a seperate pitch. if you really need more than this...melodyne..

that said, it would be nice to automate everything else besides volume & pan, i am hoping this is coming in 8.0. since almost every action, even in the mixer and other windows is recorded in the event history, the path is already paved to total recall/automation of almsot everything...perhaps just a R/W button on the track (im thinking one button that cycles between the two)..

enjoy..

Guest carmen

ok so i read your message again, i thought you wanted to automate pitch shift of objects, which you could do just by splitting into objects and affecting each one as explained above, but as for midi, in 7.21 midi editor itself the only option for the bottom half of the window is velocity, its a safe assumption that all the other channels of control data will be accessible here in the future. and of course in the main VIP window you can see 16 channels of controller data per lane any of the 127 midi cc channels & map them to vsti params, and adjust the automation data etc...

Guest Decurtins

Thanx for The reply carmen... You do say, that any old midi controler is accessible... well that is great news... But I remember, and now i Checked, you cannot access the Pitchbending in the VIP view... well hope they change it soon, (I don't wanna pay the double price for 'leasing' Software....

and there's another big flaw: the nonautomatable mixer... What I liked to see is a bigger automation capacity than in Logic: select different outputs for different channels during a mix... or stuff like that... But now I see, that in samplitude 7.2 you can't even change the Aux-Send levels. :rolleyes:

bugger... I love everything in Samplitude.... and I hate quite alot as well..... Hope they change some of this in vers. 8