New Gui?

Guest Jupiter

Guest Jupiter

Will there be a new Gui in the future?

After trying the demo for a few month now i must say Sam is an excellent peace of software(maybe the best) exept the Gui which is really a pain for my eyes.

IMHO it looks really unfriendly and unbalanced.

Especially when composing a track it's very important to have a well balanced Gui .You should also change the grid bar which is a horror for arranging.

Maybe you should ask a feng shui expert for some tips.

Best Regards

Fred

I must say I diagree. The GUI is brilliant. The gridbar though is bad, I agree. It should focus on 1, 5, 9 etc. or 1, 3, 5 depending on zoom level. Now it's pretty random what number pops up up there..

The internal effects have and UI by the way, but it's not the most important thing to fix as I see it. Bring on the midi features should be priority one.

J

hi, i made a new gui for samplitude. i like the nightfall setup but wanted something a bit lighter..its not quite done yet (a couple things are off by a pixel and i cant be arsed to tweak the ini yet) and theres a matching VIP skin i didnt include..but here you go:

http://dopecheck.com/o/snow.rar

i'll maybe post in the reg forum when i finish up the VIP etc, and maybe include a psd file in case you want to tweak the colors or something..

Will there be a new Gui in the future?

Sure. But don´t forget, the Samplitude GUI has to be a compromise for all types of users - broadcasters, record & mixing engineers, audio cutters, producers, hobby users - and we get only a few complains about it, wich is the best compliment. It´s not perfect, but keeps the balance between different interests.

Samplitude is complete skinnable and you can build your own GUI. Choose other colors, change button positions and fader types. It´s not easy to do, but if you don´t like it, try your own skin. I ´am very interested, to see some cool user skins for Samplitude.

regards

Norman

This is an interesting topic for me.

I love Samp and used it before. It is one great program but I switched to Logic cause I needed the MIDI. Since the apple buyout, I've been looking at my options and here's the thing - I am quite visually impaired and have come to the conlcusion that the only 2 programs that are easy for me to use are Logic and Protools. Leave out which program out of all of them out there (Logic, cubase, protools, samplitude, sonar etc), works and functions best, the easiest and 'cleanest' on my bad eyes is the two I mentioned above. I notice this particually when working in the mixer windows.

As I said, I think Samplitude is the best audio program out there and I watch its development closely. I still use my v5.1 from time to time.

I personally, but am probably the only one, would be more interested in an option for a cleaner gui.

Thanks

Kim

The good thing about Samp is that it is skinable. So people should be making other skins for people with different tastes. Personally I think the mixer betas everything out there. It's actually one of the main reasons for me making the switch from logic very very soon.. big up samplitude crew!

make a bmp of your ideal mixer & project/VIP windows. photoshop w/ lots of grouped layers makes this easier..if you just paint over an existing bmp, that should be all you need to do. if you make an entirely new layout from scratch, youll have to edit vip & mixer.ini files, to tell which bmp its from & the starting coordinates + a bounding box for the clickable edges..maybe theres a script to do this, like draw in the boxes in imageready or fireworks then export them in a text file...if any pro knows a trick to that..could be a timesaver

Guest Jupiter

Well, i think to make a attractive Gui is a Job for Magix.

I don't buy a software for 600€ where i have to spend hundrets of hours to give the Gui a nice look.You should also think of making gridlines in the project window like Nuendo 2.0 has.They are very helpfull for arranging Objects.Speeds up the workflow amazingly.

Btw i think Dave Nicholson did a very good job on the Nuendo Gui(not cubase sx this is horrible) .

If you get this fixed one day i buy Sam 7 straight away.

Nice greets

Fred :rolleyes:

i think Dave Nicholson did a very good job on the Nuendo Gui

I think Nuendo is the best example for an amateurish design. No feeling for colours and elements. Buttons and elements look like made with a cheap shareware effect. Mixer is cluttered with abstract symbols and fighting lines all over the place.

Samplitude or Sequoia look much better to me and it seems most users are happy with the GUI. Looks professional, unobtrusive and does not hurt the eyes after hours of work. What are your concrete points with the GUI? I agree with the grid lines, room for improvement.

Guest Jupiter

It's like with women.Some guys like blodies with big t...s,some like blacks with no t...s,some like reds.

To me Samplitude looks like a 50€ app.and Nuendo looks more prof.

It's a matter of taste.

If the nuendo gui is so amateurish i am sure magix can make some skins for people like me easily. :rolleyes::huh::angry:

Thanks in advance

Fred