Samplitude 8 at Musikmesse?

Guest thejimfactor

Guest thejimfactor

There's a news item on the samplitude.com site about Magix at Musikmesse that says they are going to "show the first development of this year’s major release of Samplitude & Sequoia in Frankfurt"

Does this mean a Samplitude 8 announcement in the next few days? It looks like version 7 is creeping up on 18 months since a major release rather than a point release. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Guest thejimfactor

That would be outstanding! I was looking to purchase Samp 7.2 in the next couple months for my first "real" project. I hope they offer a version 8 upgrade free to anyone who buys 7.2 until the major release.

Guest Guest

I´ve seen something from the Sam 8 preview in Frankfurt. This was really cool. The new midi and drum editors are awesome. Samplitude 8 will include a pitchshifting tool with drawing functions and a complete reworked surround.

Guest thejimfactor

So I guess samplitude 8 is not so close for us in the USA. I emailed the general samplitude info address and here's what they said:

there is no final decision about the update pricing for

version 8 yet because the release of the international

product will be expected in september/october

> I saw the news item on samplitude.com about the major

> release of Samplitude. I am considering buying it,

> and would like to know how upgrades will be handled.

> If version 8 is coming out later, can I buy version

> 7.2 today and get a free upgrade when 8 comes out?

Guest Guest

I saw Samplitude 8 at Messe. Tom Sailor from Synthax in the US was kind enough to give me an extensive tour. Just so you know my background, I have always used a Mac -either with DP or Logic. By about five minutes into the demostration I was considering the possibilities of getting a PC. Version 8 is amazing -not exactly sure of what is new as oppossed to what is already in 7, but I did see the functions mentioned above -enhanced MIDI, a "meloydyne" type of functionality. I was extremely impressed -I can't think of another DAW that has all that stuff inside included in the app itself -Logic is close as far as including a convolution reverb -and you gain the soft-synths of Logic, but I have to admit Samplitude seems untouchable in areas.

What kind of PC power is needed to run Samplitude -getting a good 36-48 tracks with a decent amount of VST/VSTi?

-Doug

Guest Guest
What kind of PC power is needed to run Samplitude -getting a good 36-48 tracks with a decent amount of VST/VSTi?

Samplitude reference system:

- Intel P4 3 GHz or better

- Asus P4C800, P4P800 (latest Revisions)

- 1 GB RAM (Dual Channel)

- HD WD 120-200 GB (8 MB Cache), Seagate BARRACUDA, 7200.7 HD, 160GB

- FAN:Zalman CNPS-7000Cu

- ATI Radeon series (with dual monitor support)

- Windows XP Pro SP1

- RME or Lynx audio card

Guest Shawn

Yeah, I know it kind of has one, but lets get these markers to the main page, and also, add things so you can quantize, swing it, auto crossfade/timestrecth, make this a PT killer man.

SHawn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thejimfactor

So we have conflicting info about the release announcement, whether it's in July or the fall. Was the poster who suggested July just talking about the German release? The US date would be helpful in my case.

I wish Magix would at least make an announcement of version 8 and give us some clue what the upgrade options and prices are. I'm on Samplitude 6 Studio and would be the first person to upgrade to version 8 if they would just make provisions.

Guest Guest

...what does "INTERNATIONAL" mean to you?

Jumping from v6 tov8 will be a decent amount I would think,...400+, 100 to 200 for v7 users. Then theres the 3 versions: Classic/Pro/Sequoia, depending on what your upgrading from,... let alone what new features go to what versions. But in any case, dont get your panties up in a bunch about them releasing v8,...they will soon enough. ;)

Guest Just Info >

DUDE,...Thats wasnt rude. I just pointed out the facts and...simple (but not accurate) pricing from my past experiences..hopefully they will be similar, if not more attractive.

Sorry if I revealed your fetish. (just kidding) ;)

Guest GTBannah
DUDE,...Thats wasnt rude. I just pointed out the facts and...simple (but not accurate) pricing from my past experiences..hopefully they will be similar, if not more attractive.

Sorry if I revealed your fetish. (just kidding) ;)

;):lol::lol:

Guest thejimfactor

:lol: Come on, now. Who has the bigger fetish, the newbie who asked the question, or the old timer who cruises around the newbie forum looking for fresh meat? ;)

Besides, justly or unjustly, this thread is pretty high on the view count, compared to most other threads. So that tells me that people are interested in version 8 news. Either that or it's because you're obsessed with my posts ;) (jk) Can you forgive me for trying to provoke Magix into sharing the love on v8?

Maybe my intent is merely to exceed the posts/views for the Linux thread... :lol: