Samp Reverbs

Guest GTBannah

Guest GTBannah

Hey guys,

How do the Room Simulaors and "convolutions" in Samp/Sequoia compare with Waves or TC plugs?

I'm still getting used to the sound of those in the 7.2 Demo.

Comments? ;)

Guest epytryga

I have the Waves reverb plugins...but not the TC plugins...I used to use the 'waves all the time when I was using SONAR...however, since porting to Samplitude...I've never touched them...maybe it's time to uninstall 'em...the room simulator is a convolution reverb...so it's the best there is...there is also a less cpu instensive "delay" fx...that has basic reverb...

The room sim...is very cpu intensive...so if you have a "marginal" system...you can try what I do:

use the "delay" reverb when tracking...and working on a song...then when you're ready for mix down...switch to the room sim...

or if the room sim is on an aux bus, you can track feeze that buss...whilst working on other things..so you can still hear the awesome reverb of the room sim...

either works great...

fwiw:

I have a modest 1.4ghz p4 and 1.5 gb ram...and I've never had any problems using this method...

also, Samplitude is amazingly stable even when running the cpu at 85-90% (which isn't advised), but it's happen to me before...(when I wasn't keeping track of my plug in count)...and Samplitude never even burped...

Kind Regards

Eric

Guest GTBannah
...I used to use the 'waves all the time when I was using SONAR...however, since porting to Samplitude...I've never touched them...maybe it's time to uninstall 'em...

They must be good then ....

Thanx!