freezing dsp cards

Guest tron

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting Samplitude plus a Powercore or UAD. Now I have one question: What happens when I use a DSP-effect on an object and freeze it. Will the plugin remain on the DSP-card or will the resources of the DSP-card be freed?

Thanks,

tron

Hi Stephen,

veeeeery cool, thanks a lot for your answer! I'm sorry but I got a (dumb?) following question: Is it correct that when I unfreeze the object, the plugin will automatically reload onto the DSP-card? ( In case the card has enough resources free)

Thanks again,

tron

Guest Stephen

Yes, the plugin will be automatically reloaded. The best is, you don´t have to unfreeze a track for a quick edit. You can edit it in a special project with this special track only. Nice option, to tweak a compressor a litte bit or only change a fade out. The freezed file in the original project will be updated automatically.

Check also the root project feature - this is a complete project behind EVERY object. Complete project insinde another project.

Wow, thanks again!

>Check also the root project feature

I haven't dived into the demo that far, but it seems Samplitude is even cooler than I thougt!!!!!!!