Automation

Guest malaplauso

Guest malaplauso

Hi,

I'm a Protools user but I'm starting with Samplitude, meanly I'd prefer samplitude internal resolution. The question is that I started one week ago and I want to know if I can automate any mixer, vst... parametres like protools.

Thanks a lot.

Guest Guest

you can automate the normal MIDI CC, VST Parameters, and track Volume & Pan. in 7.22. you can also map between midi CC and vst params. it would be cool if there was a way to record all vst automation output at once (record all parameters option, or something of the like), instead of having to set up mapping and be limited to 16 automation "channels" per track..

you can't automate everything in the mixer & builtin plugins in 7.2, ie eq cutoff, delay feedback etc, although you can send to an aux and automate that volume for now, i assume automation will be improved in 8.x, 9.1,.etc...

Guest Malaplauso

I don't understand when you say mapping (the process). I think that it is a great limitation when you are mixing. I hope that Magix people thinks about it (aux send, bus send, vst parameters... automation) like actual vol and pan automation.

Thx.

Guest Guest

VST effects and VSTi are fully automatable (since 7.1).

If you want to automate a send, automate the volume of this aux bus and send the output to a bus with the aux effects.

Guest Guest

I use the object effects for all automation things. EQ on a single take, Compressor on another. More flexible and uses not as much ressources, like in other software, where the automated effect is always on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fifthcircle

Object based mixing is your friend... In the VST dialogs, you can bring up sliders for each parameter and you can use a controller to automate them. If you want to automate your sends, set your track at a nominal level and add to it in the object editor. With object mixing, I almost never touch any sort of fader-related automation.

--Ben