Need help with drumloop.

MGB

Hello.

I've recorded a piano part with the click at 75 BPM, no problem so far.

I found a nice two bar drumloop and recorded that but the tempo is slower. Question is how can I stretch the drumloop so that it matches the piano in tempo.

I've tried it with timestretch and think I'm doing ok but when I duplicate the loop and listen to some more bars the piano and drums aren't together anymore.

Is it just a matter of me having to be more accurate when I do the time stretching ( I really tried hard ) or is there another way to do it ?

I'm just starting out so any advice is welcome.

MGB

Guest Guest

You can loop the object: Built loop object (object menu) and drag the right object corner. But it will only fit, when the drum loop matches the tempo of the piano.

Thank you.

I understand about looping ( or duplicating ) the object but like you said, it only works when the drumloops tempo matches that of the piano.

And that's what I have to achieve first.

I've been reading a lot on different forums and it looks like every other program ( cubase ,sonar, protools etc... ) has a function to do this.

I've been playing around with all the demo's of different manufacturers that I could get a hold on, and immediately fell in love with Samplitude.

So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up buying it but this problem I just can't figure out .

I've searched the help files and sometimes you just stumble on the solution but not this time.

Maybe it can't be done ( yet ) in Samplitude?

Wait for Samp 8 ?

MGB

Guest Guest

Don´t know what you mean, with other programs functions. Samplitude has by far the best realtime timestretching options. You only have to drag the right corner of the object with the timestretch tool, until it fits the desired tempo. Later you can choose the best timestretch algorithm in the object editor. But if you don´t find the correct reference tempo or the piano part has some tempo changes, of course it can´t match with Samplitudes "Acid-style-looping" afterwards.

Guest Guest

What you do is copy the piano part (assuming its' timing is correct) 10-20x across,...then on the drum part, use Build loop object,....(this makes the drum objects use ONE object) so now, with both tracks same length,...beginning sounds fine but drum part eventually going out of sync,...use the timestretch till it fits.

Use the numerical box in object editor to fine tune it, (it has 5 decimal places)

Then you can even split the build-looped object up for further tuning.

I've matched studio recordings (perfect timing ala drum machine) with Live video recordings of band with real drummer!! You just need to time and patience sometimes to get it right.

Hope that helps,

Miek

It worked.

The tempo's match now.

First problem was that the loop was midi and I had to bounce it to make it audio.

Second was that the object starting/ending point wasn't the drumloop's starting/ending point point ( first you click rec and then the keyboard to let the sample play and record it ).

But with some zooming in to find the exact starting point of the loop and some extra patience it all worked out.

Thanks for reacting and helping me out.

MGB