V8

Guest acid

Guest Guest

See, I hate when all this rumour stuff happens,...I cant think straight now.

Dear Samp Dev,

Can you please anounce when your going to make an anouncement???? ;)

Guest Guest

1st paragraph:

Sequoia V8 became conceived equipped with one of reason on newly Surround-Implementation, that becomes all current and future demands on more canal-productions in the areas music, Broadcast and PostPro just. To this belonged next to the support of all common more canal formats, freely Configurable to maximally 12 canals, an extensive Surround-effect-package with more canal capable Equalizern and tools to the dynamics preparation. The room simulator introduced real time capable already in version 7 on folding basis is expanded now around Surround-capacities and is delivered with a corresponding package at new impulse answers for the stereo-use-and-Surround-use.

A real innovation placed will can the object-Surround-capacity, in that each Audio-object of a Sequoia-project individually in the Surround-field - ideal for the efficient and creative use in more canons leagues of music, Broadcast-, film-productions-and-radio play-productions.

2nd paragraph:

Manager for file libraries, object, Tracks, area and Marker an in collaboration with professional users developed, projektbezogenes manager-Set, to the administration of objects, Tracks, areas and Markern the efficient administration permits and archiving, as well as the management of all project contents and -data directly out of the working environment. The new file-explorer serves search the more comfortable for Audiomaterial and to the fast Vorhören. A drag&drop-capable Clip Store it enables to assemble any project files or file cut and to administer in libraries.

3rd:

All source-projects are stored jointly with the Destination-project and can loaded later simply per mouse click or Hotkey again and activated become.

4th:

The exzellenten Audio-effects are expanded in Sequoia V8 by copy of classic analogous sound tools. To this a high-value, analogous compressor with optional simulation of a volume saturation effect as well as a Transientendesigner to the influence of the Signalhüllkurve of perkussivem Audio-material belongs.

5th:

Audiodaten can be worked similarly flexible like MIDI-data in its sound height. For this an editor stands to the decree, in which a Pitchautomation with routines to the sound heights recognition and to the sound heights correction of monophonem Audiomaterial is combined. For the Pitchautomation, different algorithms stand, under that also Resampling, to the decree. Monophones Audiomaterial taken apart into the notes of the melody (Pitch-Slices), changed will can that then individually in the sound height. Typical uses of this tool are generate for example the correction of intonation or the creative use for changing or correction of melody, for example for that of two voice.

6th:

The strongly expanded MIDI-tools permit a flexible and creative use of internal and external sound producers within the program. That less than controls MIDI-editor a newly created Multi-editor for the parallel notice and preparation of MIDI-tax and Pitchbend-controller-data. A new Drum editor, inclusive matrix-editor-and-Zell-editor with graphic Velocity-option, as well as a comfortable Drum-Map-administration permit the preparation of Drum instruments with different preparation options.

Further functions: - improved Handling of MIDI-data and virtual instruments within the program - Quantisierung expanded -

Overdub-Recording, MIDI-Merge/Trim (glue, bouncen etc.)

7th:

Achtstimmiger, virtual-analogous-sound producer with integrated Step-sequence in the style of the classic Drum-computers.

8th:

Perfectly for user, who tax highest Audio & mast ring at the PC, but on other tools with ReWire-support do not renounce want.

Statement out of the further extensive new Features: - 48-Kanal-Multitrack-Recording-Mixer for the requests of Broadcast- and studio reception-session - Punch

in–Recording-support trackbezogen - expanded support of external hardware-controllers (u. a. Yamaha O2R96) - Remix-/Slice-Agent (AutoCut & AutoLoop of

Beat-been based-Audio-materials) - optimized Effekthandling (surface of the dialogues, GUI) - DVD-Audio: burning directly out of the project window -

Fullscreen-Videoausgabe selectively on second monitor or TV in all solutions (16:9 supports) - Ready for DSD/SACD (interfacePhilips DSD Encoding/Authoring

tools in planning) - XML export etc.

and then it won't let me copy the Algorithmics stuff from the page to plug it in to the somewhat confused translater...

All I can say is amazing...

Nice work guys...

Cheers,

Brock

Guest Guest
and then it won't let me copy the Algorithmics stuff from the page to plug it in to the somewhat confused translater...

yea,...that stuff cost as much as Sequioa itself!!

this is for Sequioa, not Samplitude,....but....still mega COOLNESS! I hope that new stuff analog sounds good,...I am sure it will.

Gonna have to wait and see what is included with Samp,..most likely some of that will be available as addons.

;)

Guest Max
I hope that new stuff analog sounds good,...I am sure it will.

Sure, it´s from Sascha Eversmeier. You know ... Blockfish, Endorphin, Spitfish, Dominion ...

Guest Guest

That drum map,...which shows the names (kick/snare/hat etc etc),....is that mapping a general midi map? or,...can it be from certain hardware devices like a drum machine or rack sound module??

My drum machine has general midi but also other modes where ALL of it's sounds are usable at same time,...(256 peices),....but when that is the case,...it is no where near General midi mapping.

I've used Cakewalk years ago and they had this thing called Instrument Definitions that would map AUTOmaticly to whatever device you owned. This would be fantastic for me.

Guest GTBannah
Yeah, if you do the 100m fast enough they migh consider you. Athens is round the corner... ;)  :lol:

Beta Team to Win ! :lol:

;)

Sorry, fellas, after riding so many mixes, 100mm is more our thing ....

Guest Kraznet

The drum editor is really very ugly.I hope its skinable.Maybe it's brilliant which make up fot it.If it as good as the Logic hyper edit I'll be very interested.

Kraznet

Guest Guest

judging by the colours,...it looks like it is. Although beings that it is 1st generation,....they may not have made other skins for it yet. I just want it to work.

The drum editor is really very ugly.I hope its skinable.Maybe it's brilliant which make up fot it.If it as good as the Logic hyper edit I'll be very interested.

Kraznet

I rather like the colour scheme in the drum editor, The yellows, nice bright blues for controller data...everything clearly visible without the eye strain.

As long as the job can be done efficiently, it'll be just fine, imho. BUt that's what you said...

You wants fireworks ? ;) , wait for the New Year celebrations ! ;):lol:

Guest Kraznet

Definitely don't need fireworks ;) I want something that I can use efficiently and for long periods without it burning an imprint into my retina . I guess we'll have to await the demo ( well the Samp one at least).It looks like that are making quite an effort to bring the midi side up to scratch and I applaud them for that!!

Guest William
judging by the colours,...it looks like it is. Although beings that it is 1st generation,....they may not have made other skins for it yet.  I just want it to work.

I think the colours are okay, but honestly, I am a colour blind (deficient) individual. Any colours that are close in tint tend to look the same for me. There are many people with this disfunction. Colour schemes should be thought out with this in mind, however, not all colour-blind people are colour blind to the same colours, but ranging the colours far apart in contrast helps considerably.

Mine ranges from the greens, browns thru reds. In fact, purple looks blue to me and lots of pinks appear red. Some shades of red appear brown, while some shades of brown appear red. Strange, eh!

Magix, just please, please keeps custom skins in mind for all components of Samp8 for all of us colour deficient customers.

What's even more strange is that I once was a colour engineer for a tv station. Love those Vectorscopes!

Bill

Guest Guest

9th:

Algorithmix Plug-ins

New Algorithmix Plug-ins. Parallel to the optional reNOVAtor und Descratcher Pro plug-in updates already available, the new Algorithmix Denoiser Pro and Linear Phase EQ products are now also available to make Sequoia the perfect platform for high-end mastering & restoration solutions.

Guest Guest

I´ve seen it in Frankfurt. You got two modes: Matrix (bright) and Cell (dark).

Matrix works like the Midi Key editor. You can see the note lenght. In Cell mode you got cells, matching the quantize settings.

It´s possible, to choose a velocity option for both modes - in this mode, the note height reflects the velocity. Looks like on the screenshot.

Every drum instrument has the following controls:

- name

- solo

- mute

- start quantize

- lenght quantize

- output key

- midi channel

- velocity scaling

- color from a color set

Don´t know about instrument groups.

Edit & save of individual drum maps is possible.

The drum editor does not look ugly. Looks much better for me, than the drum editors in Logics, Cakewalk or SX. The layout is great and the new GUI of the editor and the whole program seems to be a BIG step forward.

Guest Kraznet

Thanks for the insight into the Editors.Sounds very promising especially as the Logic Hyper Editor dosn't have mute or solo.I'll take your word that it isn't ugly ;) Did you notice if the velocity bars thicknesses are resizable ? (called penwidth in Hyper Editspeak) Useful if your putting 16th/32nd notes. I will await now with even more interest the Samp 8.0 demo.

Kraznet