Screensets ?

Guest gest

Guest Guest

What do you mean screensets?

Samplitude has Templates, Sessions and Snapshots.

Templates: save vip setup for future projects

Sessions: save ALL current open Vip's (all open/closed windows) and thier settings including the vizualizations for open at a later time in EXACT state. (could also be used as template saving all routing,fx etc.)

Snapshots: located in mixer and Vip for saving full mixer fx/settings and vip snapshots for zoom locations and zoom percentages.

I may have missed some stuff. Is that what you mean?

Guest Guest

hm , in logic audio i can save a window layout to 99 hotkeys and get the layouts quickly back only by hitting the hotkey

as example: open mixer and vsti window saved to F1 key, then you can always jump from the vip page to the mixer and vsti view by only hitting F1

save next vsti window and midi editor to F2 and so on

Guest Kraznet

Yes this is a feature i find invaluable in Logic.I have 10 screensets of various Arrange/Editor/Mixer layouts.It means your not continually opening and closing windows over the Arrange page.Just hit a key and boom your into the particular layout you need for that task. Also all windows are linked so that changing a parameter or moving a part or note is reflected in the linked windows.Cubase has window layouts but they are less well implemented ,You need to see Screensets in action in order to realise how powerful they can be and how they can speed up the working process.

Kraznet

Guest Guest

Cool,...that sounds like it SHOULD be something looked into by Magix. Logic 5 for PC isn't that bad is it?? (buggy?) May be worth getting for the hell of it?

Guest Kraznet

Logic is very stable on the PC i rarely get a crash and it isn't buggy. It's still holds up well against the present crop of DAW's and the built in effects are plentiful and good. The automation is petty cool as well but I guess there will come a time when it will cease to be compatible with new VSTi's and OS's (it has the occaisional problem with rewire). Bottom line it does what i need it to do and more. But maybe Sam V8 will change my allegiance oneday.

Kraznet